• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shower last night put almost a half inch in the fall freeze up bank.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      If the current situation doesn't change in a big way I'll be bare-balling it... possibly a little bit of starter, and that's it!

There is absolutely NOTHING in reserve here, and this place does not, as a rule, get timely rains.
      That what I am doing on two fields of canola stubble that yielded under 10. 50 - 60 lbs of a blend consisting of 2/3 N. Did that on a field of canola that yielded poorly with canola due to flooding in 2019. Turned out my best field of 2020. Ran out of the starter and you could see exactly where it ran out so having a bit up top near the seed was important. Fortunately that was near the edge of the field and in some of the poorest ground. I did soil tests on the better canola field that yielded in the low 20's so will be interesting to see what is there. Fertilized for more than I got on that one as well. This is on solonetzic ground so needs perfect weather to grow a good crop.

Comment

Anywhere that had 13.5 protein wheat had about 50#N at harvest time as you cant produce high protein with no residual N.
        How much the green regrowth took I cant say but theoretically non because nothing was removed.

Comment

1/2 inch rain last night makes 1.1inches on the week. 10.15 inches since April 1. 1/2 of that total coming after crop was already dead in mid August. Relentless heat and wind made for the Poorest crop grown on this farm in my lifetime. Wasn’t around in 61. Looking much better for next year at this time compared to same time last year. Fall work mostly done other then a bit of excavator and s c r a p e r work.
          I hope SCIC is well underwritten as claims will be in the multiple billions!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...