• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be done about the gouging.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Why is everyone so certain that input suppliers are gouging us?
    They are all facing increased raw product costs, transportation costs, energy costs, labor costs, regulation, risks and uncertainties, plus supply chain constraints and shortages.
    Yet myself as a farmer, I have doubled the prices of my products this year, yet my costs to grow the 2021 crop certainly didn't double, maybe the farmer is the one doing the gouging? Admittedly, 2022 will be a different story.
    And what about the hay farmers with good crops in my local area, prices are up by two or three times, yet their costs barely changed from last year.

I guess I don't go through life assuming that someone else is out to get me at every turn.
    I guess in my original post is was the Liberty specifically, the powers that be instructed reps to tell farmers no price increase. Make sure all the returns are made then hit us with the 27% increase. Just left a sour taste in my mouth. You are probably not wrong generally though, the wave of inflation that is sweeping and I believe will continue to sweep the world is going to be very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
      What program for grainfarmers?
      Compare crop insurance versus what is available for cattle/livestock, pasture and hay. And compare the consequences of a crop failure to a grain farmer versus a livestock farmer

Comment

Originally posted by Grahamp View Post
        I guess in my original post is was the Liberty specifically, the powers that be instructed reps to tell farmers no price increase. Make sure all the returns are made then hit us with the 27% increase..
        I can't remember which of the alphabet soup of names they were operating under so I'll say it was Agrevo BICBW. Regardless of what they called themselves at the time that's exactly what they did the fall they recalled all the Harvest, poured it into new bottles and redelivered it in the spring as Liberty. At 3X the price. They're all *****s.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Compare crop insurance versus what is available for cattle/livestock, pasture and hay. And compare the consequences of a crop failure to a grain farmer versus a livestock farmer
          where i farm you can not afford crop insurance never pays

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...