• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, it's a rainy Thursday in Eastern Sask So far the total at the farm is 1/2 inch of slow rain no snow, yea. Total for the year now is 8.5 inches with 3 from April till early June then 3 tenths all summer. 5 inches in August and now 3/4 inch for the month of October so far.

It's part of Build back better like Trudeau says. Its a start a good start for 2022.

Here is the Crop Report.

All harvest is complete in our area. All guys are done baling and the odd guy still picking bales.

Fall work is done by a few and some guys just do nothing after harvest they have everything parked and are gone.

We have another week to kelly or harrow and that opp is then done on every field. Stone picking might happen if it doesn't get too cold later this month. Then it's on with the cat and hoe to clean up fields.

Fertilizer is insane and actually, I think the industry is ****ing up this time. Peas and Lentils will be grown on more acres next spring along with crops that don't take massive amounts of Nitrogen like Canola and Wheat crops. To grow 60 canola and 90 wheat you need massive amounts of fertilizer. Watch it happening even if some don't want to think that. Well, make more money on half a crop vs a huge crop I grew last year. Less to haul and **** the supplier who is just gouging.

Oh, now a shortage for next year of Glyphosate. **** you. Double the price and now a shortage. I bought a semi load last spring after seeding **** you.

Oil and gas are going through the roof stupid liberals must just be going nuts with oil is dead. If they would have helped western Canada get pipelines and build the gas terminal in Vancouver and now they could have sat back and collected billions in taxes to pay for their insane programs. All would be good. Maybe it was good to lose the last election.

Canola had a bad day a few days ago and came back a little. The USDA now says the smallest crop ever. I was right to trust a farmer over any advisor any day. Oh, and Australia's frost has actually caused some problems pictures coming soon thanks mallee.

Thanksgiving was this last weekend and it is actually nice to finish this early and relax. Be thankful we had an ok crop and life is good.

We all think our lives are tough, Today I will go pay my respects to a young man who isn't young anymore. When he was 18 he was in a car accident & a minor surgery went extremely wrong thanks to an anesthetist he has been in a coma for 30 years. He passed this last week. RIP Ryan.

Have a safe week and talk to your neighbors we are all farming and were all in this together. Why farmers want to **** other farmers just blows me away.

Frost does do damage who knew.

Farmers know what frost does

Just make pea stubble black

Comment

We got almost 8" just in late September and October. it can quit now. Still a lot of soys to come off around us and the corn is just nicely started.

I'm cutting the plowdown clover on the wheat stubble and baling it daily for the cows. It's almost at the point of leaving tracks in the field now, just so soggy.

Comment

Comment

0.7" so far, NO SNOW! Be a COLD soak in day.

Comment

Had some moisture Monday 3-4/10 in area here
            Some are trying NH3 , not sure how that’s going , gassing off most likely still an issue being bone dry before this
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 14, 2021, 07:57.

Comment

I could never understand farmers wanting to **** other farmers. Forty years ago we all heloed each other, now everyone seems to be competing with each other.Our local SCIC office told me that in their zone which is huge that almost 100% of farmers will have a claim,They wrote off about a third of the acres in august.

Comment

Starting to snow

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                  I could never understand farmers wanting to **** other farmers. Forty years ago we all heloed each other, now everyone seems to be competing with each other.Our local SCIC office told me that in their zone which is huge that almost 100% of farmers will have a claim,They wrote off about a third of the acres in august.
                  Back in the 90s that attitude was set in motion by our govts. Get big, swallow the weak if you want to keep farming.

Now look where we are.

In Canada who doesnt support Ag, our farms have increased in size by 10x and we have half the farmers. In the US and EU where ag is supported, there are lots of guys still making a nice living off the same acreage their fathers did.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Back in the 90s that attitude was set in motion by our govts. Get big, swallow the weak if you want to keep farming.

Now look where we are.

In Canada who doesnt support Ag, our farms have increased in size by 10x and we have half the farmers. In the US and EU where ag is supported, there are lots of guys still making a nice living off the same acreage their fathers did.
                    Its happening again. This time it will be the 2500-5000 acre farms gobbled up.

When Scotiabank writes on Monettes website that they are the future of farming....the writing is on the wall.

Comment

Environmental regulation will do more to demolish farms than the BTO’s

Comment

Harvested the area of canola that never came up in spring. I seeded June 20 th yieldwas double my barley seeded may 3 rd

Comment

Barley re seeded where canola didn’t grow

Comment

Scotia is wrong the real winners are 2500 to 5000 they make the money uofs proved that.

Comment

7 tenths still dribbling.
                              Ready to roll and blow down some fert.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...