• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corn Queston for Errol

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn Queston for Errol

Hey Errol,

Do you think this breakdown in Corn will lead wheat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZC1!_2021-10-13_10-29-16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	779674

While corn may be a big crop in the USA , there is corn moving into Canada where it has never been before.

100 car trains coming into terminals in Canada that are sold. Tells me the barley is gone or not accessible even at 8 bucks.

The demand for corn may outstrip supply as Canada tries to infill its feed needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
      Hey Errol,

Do you think this breakdown in Corn will lead wheat?

[ATTACH]8892[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the charts lately, gives a broader perspective.
      Tells me feed grain top may be in for now in western Canada ?

Comment

Cull cows eat and there was alot of them that came in early along with an early fall run of calves.

Now if the moisture doesnt improve the cows will be on feed a lot longer than normal and by next spring there could be another cull of the herd .

Either way if these cows are going to be fed , alot of feed grain supply is going to disappear.

Comment

wheatking, USDA data was mildly bullish wheat released yesterday. But the overall financial and now commodity complex is coming under pressure. Fallout in soymeal, corn and soybeans is significant. This will overhang wheat.

Spring wheat is the strongest of the lot. It could burst higher yet, but rallies won't hold. This is one heck of a cash pricing CWRS opportunity (my opinion for what it is worth)

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            While corn may be a big crop in the USA , there is corn moving into Canada where it has never been before.

100 car trains coming into terminals in Canada that are sold. Tells me the barley is gone or not accessible even at 8 bucks.

The demand for corn may outstrip supply as Canada tries to infill its feed needs.
            380M ton corn crop in the USA, maybe 2 million tonnes will come into Canada. Non factor.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

no one wants my barley at $8
              but oats will fetch that

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                380M ton corn crop in the USA, maybe 2 million tonnes will come into Canada. Non factor.
                2 million metric tons maybe a non-factor compared to their total production, but out of the exportable surplus (average of the last few years) it is more like 4%.
                That is entirely new demand that didn't exist.
                But, as pointed out above, more importantly it will keep our livestock feeding sector alive.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  2 million metric tons maybe a non-factor compared to their total production, but out of the exportable surplus (average of the last few years) it is more like 4%.
                  That is entirely new demand that didn't exist.
                  But, as pointed out above, more importantly it will keep our livestock feeding sector alive.
                  Sure, not a total non-factor perhaps, but its far from a big enough catalyst to cause any sort of rally on corn futures.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...