• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landscape Rake

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape Rake

Anyone have or seen one of these?

I used a 4 ft one, works awesome if your ground prepared in yard . But not sure if you talking a ground one or field one ? I could be totally off base

Comment

Do you mean a rock/root rake? Degelman, Schulte and Riteway have all built 15’ rakes.

Comment

A rock rake might be too aggressive. Our soil here at yard is fine sand with almost no stones at all. We have a grassed runway. This dry summer and much use caused a few dipped spots that need new soil and levelling without damaging the standing grass. Pull- behind landscape rakes would probably do the job. Their tines are springy yet moderately levelling. You tube has a few videos. I am wondering if anyone knows where there is one sitting around. One came into Emerald Friday, gone before Monday. Even a rock rake that could be modified might do the job.

Comment

Just dump on some loose dirt and pull something to float it with a quad or garden tractor. A couple 2x4s parallel like a ladder like 7ft long, sometimes a helper to stand on for weight where its needed works good and floats over the sod well. I have a 3ft hand landscape rake that really doesnt take much effort to do a good job either.

Comment

Old feeder chain behind a garden tractor works to level things or a new one fer $2000.00

Comment

I bought an 8-ft. King Kutter this spring. Works good to level out ruts and drag out the gravel in the yard, does a better job than the float I've used previously. I mostly bought it to clean up an old yardsite of branches and roots from a shelterbelt I tore out but haven't had a chance to do that yet. Peavey Mart sells lighter ones.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...