• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water assistance program kinda doesn’t make sense

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    What the hell good is digging another dugout
    If there is no water to put in it. If there is snow
    The old ones will fill won’t need the new one.
    Should have been some assistance for hauling
    As well as piping. In our area no water
    Close enough to pump. If you want to keep
    An industry going do what’s needed immediately
    Then loon further down rhe road.
    Not one person received the so called feed assistance
    Yet around here has anyone?
    Word I was told by AgriRecovery program worker is that no cheques are going out till program closes Nov 1.

Comment

Digging is a little slow, extremely dry and dusty hard clay, about a third of the trench is done. I dumped 5 inches out of the rain gage in August, I’m not sure where the moisture went.
      Last edited by TSIPP; Oct 25, 2021, 08:20.

Comment

I’ll try a picture.

Comment

We trenched a half mile of pipe last month, was dry to 6’ and wet after that. We were averaging 180’ a hour using a 2’ bucket about 10’ deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
            We trenched a half mile of pipe last month, was dry to 6’ and wet after that. We were averaging 180’ a hour using a 2’ bucket about 10’ deep.
            The best I can do is about 150 feet an hour and the tough going stuff is about half that, 32 inch bucket and 8 feet deep, probably not to bad for a 43 year old antique.

Comment

Narrower bucket prolly better?

Comment

It probably is, I used an 18 inch bucket on this machine once and I spent more time trying to get the dirt out of the bucket than digging. Being this dry it should come out easier but I’m thinking tomorrow I’ll start hitting stuff with more moisture.

Comment

I’ve gotten almost all the trenching done, less than 100 feet to go anyway the gravity fed well is running over 20 gallons a minute so I’m pretty happy and I’m sure it will run a bit faster when the all the air gets out of the system, I’m being held up by SaskEnergy, I’ve been trying to get permission from them to cross underneath the 4 inch steel high pressure gas line, it’s been a month now and things are getting pretty frozen, my waterline is running over the gas line and it needs to run under neath it.

I’m wondering if I just phone them and say it’s going in this week with or without you what will happen, supposedly they need to supervise the work.

Comment

You could get a directional driller and go well under the NG line.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                      You could get a directional driller and go well under the NG line.
                      Not yet, I’m actually needing a permit, I got a directional drilling crew out to get under the road, it was in a deep ditch almost 20 feet below the driving surface and while they were here the crew hydrovaced around the gas line, so I might already be in trouble for starting work around the gas line.

I’m not sure what the holdup is, maybe I worry too much but SaskEnergy told me they need to supervise the work and I first need a permit before I start, a month later and still no permit and they don’t want my waterline above the gas line, seems to me they are being d icks , I just think over a month for a digging permit is unrealistic and unreasonable.
                      Last edited by TSIPP; Nov 21, 2021, 03:04.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...