• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I have seen

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I have seen

Not many bush rabbits in the standing canola this year around here last year there where piles of them. Field yesterday was 8 and 8 ( moisture and yield )Winning !!!!!!!

We have lots of Rabbits and Prairie chickens. Chickens had a good year oh so many. No Geese so really happy I hate them

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      Not many bush rabbits in the standing canola this year around here last year there where piles of them. Field yesterday was 8 and 8 ( moisture and yield )Winning !!!!!!!
      When the crop is thin, the hawks will win.

Comment

Lots of chickens here too and in good shape stuffed full of hoppers. Not many woodtics this year so they had some good hatchs.Hunting Buddies will be happy now I got the canola away from the shelter belts where they hang out.

Comment

Lots of chickens here too and in good shape stuffed full of hoppers. Not many woodtics this year so they had some good hatchs.Hunting Buddies will be happy now I got the canola away from the shelter belts where they hang out.
          Many Pheasants, many jack rabbits, deer, moose, hawks are busy, early to see the last few days Canada Geese flying over in formation... the coyotes are busy bugging Buddy our border collie... and the coyotes eating the fallen apples which are plentiful on the lawn under the apple tree... Lucy freezing them making apple crisp and sauce... the bird feeder still very busy with blue Jays but the Sparrow Hawk patrolling...
          Forgot about the skunk and porky I hit while swathing…
          Cheers
          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Sep 11, 2021, 10:01.

Comment

This year, our son found an abandoned lilttle hun, right out of the egg. She came to live with us and grew up being coddled. She was raised on boiled eggs and oatmeal, cream of wheat and non-medicated chick starter. Neighbour brought over a guinea chick for a buddy. Yesterday she flew away. Buddy is still here. Good Luck Enriko! (But Enriko is a girl)

Comment

Sharptails gone from here for years, we never used to have hawks and eagles, or foxes. Rare to see one.

Comment

Lots of snakes out and about all of a sudden. No real ones, garters.

Comment

Anybody want to trap some rabbits and do a trade for skunks? Havent seen a rabbit here outside of a town in 25yrs, but skunks and porcupines are as abundant as can be. Sent a skunk through the combine, cab smelled the whole day.

Comment

Fascinating animal

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                      Fascinating animal
                      Happen to see a Mallee?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Happen to see a Mallee?
                        Those are mallee trees in the background actually. Malleefarmer is east of Adelaide near Wynarka I'm on the other side of the country.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...