• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input Pricing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input Pricing

Dealers sure are coy. Like to chat but not very committal on prices. Must be increases coming.

Any way N, Phos, S all hovering $1000. Canola seed to get a 5-8% increase. Gly $8 and rising. Feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have crop thus yr because we are all going to get hammered next yr.

Iron and land rent? Only a matter of time before the land lords and stealerships get their pound of flesh.

They will make sure no one makes money next year
    Break even and keep farmers a slave to the system

Comment

Time to buy an exhaust injection system!🤣

Comment

CF Industries Donaldsonville is down die to no power from the hurricane. Near that Cargill shipping terminal. Largest nitrogen plant in the world.
        Used to be Coop group owned it but when gas prices spiked in the 90's if got brought out in all the consolidation.
        Maybe has more capacity than all of Canada.

Be sure you need every pound of nitrogen that you apply this year.

DYOD

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          CF Industries Donaldsonville is down die to no power from the hurricane. Near that Cargill shipping terminal. Largest nitrogen plant in the world.
          Used to be Coop group owned it but when gas prices spiked in the 90's if got brought out in all the consolidation.
          Maybe has more capacity than all of Canada.

Be sure you need every pound of nitrogen that you apply this year.

DYOD

Comment

All the more reason not to buy this fall IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
              All the more reason not to buy this fall IMO
              I agree. Gonna have to sit this one out and see if it corrects before spring. Soil testing and considering leaning on the soil bank for a yr. if its looking pricey by that time. My farm isnt big enough to absorb these kinds of increases.

Bought a couple totes of glyphos though.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                And time to put and end to escalating inputs !

1 800 Ritchie Bros !

Freedom !
                Someone will always jump in and farm it.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                  No don't. I watched a guy that did. Not a pretty picture. Lucky he was well healed.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                    I know of one in the bush out here that only had a year of use………….

Maybe with a DEF tractor it might recapture the urea you’re burning…………….?😎

Comment

Year of the 24 hour quote, if ur lucky....

Got a fert quote Friday at 3:57 pm, which by the way was two weeks in the making. Tuesday morning no longer valid. Guess get in line, pull pants down and start taking it like a....

We have enough glyph left over from spring to do next years preburn. After that I guess we start transitioning to organic. Kinda looks like we already did from the looks of my fields now....

Comment

The mid rows and the volunteers after a hail storm tell the story. Green bands 20 inches apart in my cover crop kochia.

The fertilizer is still there. The yield doesnt dictate that the fertilizer all got used.

Anywhere we seeded that was overlapped up on the crop just faded away - burnt out.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          The mid rows and the volunteers after a hail storm tell the story. Green bands 20 inches apart in my cover crop kochia.

The fertilizer is still there. The yield doesnt dictate that the fertilizer all got used.

Anywhere we seeded that was overlapped up on the crop just faded away - burnt out.
                          You're right. Some very good patches of land burnt out. Too much N and no H2O.

Comment

supply and demand, don't demand it 8 months before you need it and let the parasites carry it till then, it would create the impression of an oversupply, quit feeding the fire.
                            lets learn from the 2021 contract debacle

Comment

The agronomists almost have a heart attack when you say you might try to ride on some excess nutrients for a year.

If we bought less fert for a year, ran off and average-ish crop at these prices (if they hold), there is nothing wrong with that.

I get the feeling the go for broke on inputs mantra is fading in this business.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...