• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conservative gov and agriculture?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don’t matter any more. There are too few of us vote wise. I don’t know what else to say even…

Comment

I still can't understand how the drought is the taxpayers problem and responsibility?
      We already have government subsidized crop insurance etc which is not available to any other business that I am aware of.
      There are multiple private insurance options available.
      We have a century or more of weather records at our disposal to evaluate the risk of an event such as we just endured, there's no excuse to not be somewhat prepared financially and agronomically for events which have a known probability.
      This wasn't a black swan, it wasn't forced on us by government decree, it was forecast in advance by some forecasters.
      Just like some well-known Quebec companies, if it's not a viable Business without government help, then no amount of government help is going to make it sustainable in the long run without fundamental changes to the business itself. Only served to make them more dependent, and less competitive and resilient.

Comment

The drought is hardly the only issue ag communities are dealing with.

For that matter agriculture isn’t the only area of issue rural communities are dealing with.

But the fact the drought is the one thing people will be able to think of just shows how non vocal MPs seem to have been about their constituencies.

Comment

Now don't all agree with me at once...

Comment

It could be argued that if the tax payers feel they have the right to an input on how farmers farm (ie a carbon tax, which chemicals to use, etc) then they need to contribute to the industry in some way.

So far they haven’t proven it by willingness to pay more for commodities grown in their desired methods.

Also the trend to wanting cheaper commodities at the store requiring gov subsidies in order to produce that cheap food is taxpayers crutching up the industry irregardless of drought or flood or hail.

Comment

BW
              It’s real simple
              Look how much that thieven ***** took from the west with a minority govt?
              FFS , And you wanna give him a majority ??
              Nobody gives a flyin fu ck about us low life’s , get over it
              But at least the cons don’t have their arms in my pocket
              That low life prick should be charged with treason over this fk n carbon tax
              Yesterday it cost me more for carbon tax in the dryer than the god damn fuel to run it
              Let that sink in
              And for what ?
              Absolute lunacy

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                BW
                It’s real simple
                Look how much that thieven ***** took from the west with a minority govt?
                FFS , And you wanna give him a majority ??
                Nobody gives a flyin fu ck about us low life’s , get over it
                But at least the cons don’t have their arms in my pocket
                That low life prick should be charged with treason over this fk n carbon tax
                Yesterday it cost me more for carbon tax in the dryer than the god damn fuel to run it
                Let that sink in
                And for what ?
                Absolute lunacy
                Well put.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blaithin;508630]My riding is a given. The world will end before it doesn’t go blue.

“Hi I’m Damien from Alberta. Most of my constituents are reliant on agriculture but the only thing I’m known for is my fight against the banning of conversion therapy.”

Blaithin,

MP Damien is a farmer just like me working with his family. Your crusted cynical view does no justice to the multiple difficult problems that MP Damien's constituency office deal with daily, carefully helping folks who need further information on working through the Ottawa maze of multiple sidetrack difficulties.

There is unlikely a better informed MP on Agricultural matters than MP Damien. Taking the conversion therapy issue out of context, after MP's carefully tried to correct Liberal intentional mistakes... shows how badly mainstream media distorts what good work, and common sense revisions, are ignored; to sell news while smearing our good hard working MP's in Ottawa.

In working with MP Damien for nearly 4 years, there is few days he does not work 'farmer hours' just like the rest of us here in the farm community in Alberta.

Let me know if there is anything we can help you with... will be honoured to be of assistance.

Cheers

Comment

If thats the case Tom why wasn't he the agriculture critic instead of the halfwit ROOD?

Comment

He may be a farmer and he may be knowledgeable in ag, I didn’t say he wasn’t. I said there is no evidence he’s taken his voice to Ottawa on the behalf of the constituency.

There’s some other examples of a farming family in federal and provincial politics that aren’t far from me. The fact that they’re farmers hasn’t made them any more likeable as politicians.

Comment

First of all I m talking about a level field
                        With the countries that support their farmers

A program would gladly pay my share into if there
                        Was a better guarantee

My farm and every other farm generates
                        More tax revenue through all the industries we buy from
                        And sell to bu creating our product than we ever get
                        Subsidized that is a fact!!!

Do I have to list all the subsidies every other industry gets???

The current crop insurance works for people
                        That don’t need it. I m subsidizing farms that have
                        Big coverage because of weather by paying a
                        Too large premium for shiit all coverage at half rhe market
                        Price yet paying current market expenses

And the conservatives are duds too stupid to figure
                        Out how to get back equalization and maybe they don’t want to
                        Because they’d have no other issue to speak of
                        They do fuuk all!!!!

And now run by a baby killer. Wow

Comment

We should be voting a different mp every election
                          Until we get one that actually does something and
                          Then vote them in again so they earn that fuukn pension
                          That no one else gets for doing fuuk alll

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                            He may be a farmer and he may be knowledgeable in ag, I didn’t say he wasn’t. I said there is no evidence he’s taken his voice to Ottawa on the behalf of the constituency.

There’s some other examples of a farming family in federal and provincial politics that aren’t far from me. The fact that they’re farmers hasn’t made them any more likeable as politicians.
                            Second generation politicians. Good old Devin helped gut BRMs under Gerry. I think his dad got him the job.

Can you think of another second generation poltician that has also turned out to be a dud?

Comment

[QUOTE=TOM4CWB;508646]
                              Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                              My riding is a given. The world will end before it doesn’t go blue.

“Hi I’m Damien from Alberta. Most of my constituents are reliant on agriculture but the only thing I’m known for is my fight against the banning of conversion therapy.”

Blaithin,

MP Damien is a farmer just like me working with his family. Your crusted cynical view does no justice to the multiple difficult problems that MP Damien's constituency office deal with daily, carefully helping folks who need further information on working through the Ottawa maze of multiple sidetrack difficulties.

There is unlikely a better informed MP on Agricultural matters than MP Damien. Taking the conversion therapy issue out of context, after MP's carefully tried to correct Liberal intentional mistakes... shows how badly mainstream media distorts what good work, and common sense revisions, are ignored; to sell news while smearing our good hard working MP's in Ottawa.

In working with MP Damien for nearly 4 years, there is few days he does not work 'farmer hours' just like the rest of us here in the farm community in Alberta.

Let me know if there is anything we can help you with... will be honoured to be of assistance.

Cheers
                              Never heard of the guy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                                First of all I m talking about a level field
                                With the countries that support their farmers
                                Prove to me that all of those support payments don't just get bid into land rental rates, and land costs, leaving the farmer exactly the same place he( she) started out, except turning over larger sums of money.

And considering that all of those governments are bankrupt in every way except reality, don't budget on those supports being sustainable for the long term.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...