• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conservative gov and agriculture?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservative gov and agriculture?

So what’s the response to the drought and the
    Failed programs? Quite obvious a conservative
    Gov maybe even majority. Right on!
    But I haven’t heard a word on farm issues? Has
    Anyone else?
    There will be a rally at the provincial leg too bad election
    Called now and not a month later to put our locals
    On the spot as to what is the plan? Likely nothing
    As usual. But they are my heroes!!!

Big Wheel……….. we’re on our own out in the boonies. Wether it’s playing sheriff and herding thieves or figuring our way out of drought such as this. In the words of Helmsdale it’s all part of ……… “Livin the dream”.🍀

Comment

Farmers actually think voting conservative will make things better. In Fact its the opposite. Gutted BRM programs. Not a peep during the election about the drought and its 5 year implications to the cattle industry.

Every farm commodity will suffer because there will be less demand for grain once normal production returns.

Short sighted. If you lose a third of the cow herd think about the effects two three or 5 years down the road..

Hasn't been mentioned .

Meanwhile regular Canadians are still on CERB or wage subsidies.

It is disappointing to say the least.

And not one conservative will say to the climatards """ where was your prediction of an epic drought for 2021.... 5 , or 10 or 15, or 20 years ago??? but we are supposed to believe their predictions 30 years from now?""""

Where is some people's thoughts process?

Comment

There needs to be immediate help and
        A discussion on the formulas for crop
        Insurance keeping these dud years in the
        Averages. How many producers here have
        Said ya we went through a string of 3, 4 ir
        5 years of lost crops it seems to rotate
        Everywhere meaning we re mostly all
        Underinsured and paying too much premium
        For shiit coverage. I know some have had good
        Runs and have lower premiums but is that
        When you need premiums to be lower?
        Then they ask why people aren’t enrolled.

And who has been fired at crapinsurance
        For deciding on the prices? I phoned the dud
        Minister office he said in March no one knew
        The prices. Yes I did canola was 22 bucks
        So why are you at near half? And why are
        We in Saskatchewan not able to decide until
        End of March while alberts decides end of April
        When most are done seeding there?

Why not be able to pick your price later on when
        It’s more evident what the market is. His response
        Was we can’t afford 20 buck canola. Well I
        Can’t afford to get half of that with shiit coverage
        And a high premium. Scrap agristability out all
        Those wages into a good crop insurance.

Comment

What’s the Liderals gonna do ?
          NDP only care about unions
          Leaves with what ????

Comment

What accomplishments have the Liberals made in agriculture since 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Leaves with what ????
              Liberals would if asked by dorks
              In sask party. Sask party only support
              Friends of friends not all farmers.

What will conservatives do? They better fuuken
              Well do something it’s different his year
              Many farms on the brink and fuuk all for
              Support. Failed programs. And a fuuking
              Irrigation mega project????

Comment

Leaves with what ????
                That’s the only response conservatives have
                Look look at the other guys. Even with a majority couldn’t
                Do a fuukn thing for ag couldn’t even do the pipelines
                Fuuken useless.

What’s that fruit cake Micheal Jackson song
                They bad they bad no we’re bad.

Comment

Leaves with what ????
                  ppc, I encourage you to read there platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    What accomplishments have the Liberals made in agriculture since 2015?
                    Next to nothing... Which is a step in the right direction. Anytime gov't starts meddling in an industry it seems like even with good intentions they manage to phuck it all up.

Here's something that I'm spitballing this morning.

Give guys the option with gov't crop insurance to insure based on $'s per acre, rather than historical yields, and prices pulled out of thin air. Much like private insurance options. In this case, anyone with a farming history that has say a minimum of 3 years of Financials to pass over could get insurance tailored to them. Let them pick whatever number they want to insure for, and let your actuarialist's and bureaucrats figure out appropriate rates to charge. Perhaps even put gov't funding on a sliding scale, so those that choose to insure for less as a percentage of what the area typically grosses would get a larger share gov't subsidized than those who choose a higher level?

Or for that matter, let guys insure for 110, 120, or even 150% of area average and continue to base upon yields? You could have the gov't backstop the first 40% of that coverage, so if you chose 60% coverage, you'd only be paying 1/3 of the supposed bill, and if 80%, you'd be 1/2, and if you chose 120, it'd be 2/3 of the bill. Perhaps also go with a modified olympic average, that takes the lowest 10-20% of the years out of the equation, alongside the highest 10-20%?

I honestly think crop insurance could do a far better job of securing farm families livelihoods. In the same sense, the less risk that you take out of the game, the more it will lever up land prices and rents... So would we be any better off in the long run?

Comment

Maybe irrigation project gets the boot with Conservative win, irrigation project not much of a priority compared to this wide spread drought and financial implications with it.

Comment

Never a better time to vote liberal MPs in here
                        They need us conservatives won’t do fk all minority majority
                        Opposition even worse. Just sit on the ass and collect salary.
                        Embarrassing not one has mentioned what’s going on
                        In their ridings.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          Next to nothing... Which is a step in the right direction. Anytime gov't starts meddling in an industry it seems like even with good intentions they manage to phuck it all up.

Here's something that I'm spitballing this morning.

Give guys the option with gov't crop insurance to insure based on $'s per acre, rather than historical yields, and prices pulled out of thin air. Much like private insurance options. In this case, anyone with a farming history that has say a minimum of 3 years of Financials to pass over could get insurance tailored to them. Let them pick whatever number they want to insure for, and let your actuarialist's and bureaucrats figure out appropriate rates to charge. Perhaps even put gov't funding on a sliding scale, so those that choose to insure for less as a percentage of what the area typically grosses would get a larger share gov't subsidized than those who choose a higher level?

Or for that matter, let guys insure for 110, 120, or even 150% of area average and continue to base upon yields? You could have the gov't backstop the first 40% of that coverage, so if you chose 60% coverage, you'd only be paying 1/3 of the supposed bill, and if 80%, you'd be 1/2, and if you chose 120, it'd be 2/3 of the bill. Perhaps also go with a modified olympic average, that takes the lowest 10-20% of the years out of the equation, alongside the highest 10-20%?

I honestly think crop insurance could do a far better job of securing farm families livelihoods. In the same sense, the less risk that you take out of the game, the more it will lever up land prices and rents... So would we be any better off in the long run?

Yes absolutely some interesting ideas better crop insurance
                          with a market price closer to reality. We need to be insuring
                          What we can grow not what we can’t. Get rid of everything else

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            Never a better time to vote liberal MPs in here
                            They need us conservatives won’t do fk all minority majority
                            Opposition even worse. Just sit on the ass and collect salary.
                            Embarrassing not one has mentioned what’s going on
                            In their ridings.
                            My riding is a given. The world will end before it doesn’t go blue.

I can’t think of any way that that has specifically helped the area. It’s still losing its population and who is here are really feeling the pinch this year. But that won’t change anything. Some may not vote at all but they’ll never go in to vote and not pick blue. Part of our issue is the sparse population of course.

Still, I have no faith that once they get to Ottawa the MPs ever even mention occurrences in their riding. Doesn’t matter what their party is.

“Hi I’m Damien from Alberta. Most of my constituents are reliant on agriculture but the only thing I’m known for is my fight against the banning of conversion therapy.”

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                              My riding is a given. The world will end before it doesn’t go blue.

I can’t think of any way that that has specifically helped the area. It’s still losing its population and who is here are really feeling the pinch this year. But that won’t change anything. Some may not vote at all but they’ll never go in to vote and not pick blue. Part of our issue is the sparse population of course.

Still, I have no faith that once they get to Ottawa the MPs ever even mention occurrences in their riding. Doesn’t matter what their party is.

“Hi I’m Damien from Alberta. Most of my constituents are reliant on agriculture but the only thing I’m known for is my fight against the banning of conversion therapy.”
                              Lmao! Sounds like my MP only don’t even hear that much
                              The only remote chance we have of making our MPs work for us
                              Is to remove them if they don’t do anything. What foo
                              You have to lose if they aren’t doing anything.
                              We’re stuck in this cycle of expecting better but doing nothing
                              To get better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...