• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suns out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suns out

Maybe make some dust today, to big of a break and already tired of wet feet in the morning.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

Need a lot more than a single day of sun to get things going here. It’s sloppy wet. Need wind. Need sun. Forecast is rough looking.

Comment

Supposed to be 28 degrees here and 30 km wind, but SE, usually not a good sign for dry weather. We will be going - Durum getting down to 15 yesterday so go time today.

Comment

Go time here last 3 days no rain here at all would like to get some

Comment

Canola down to 14.0 yesterday, need some wind and heat to get going today.

Comment

Sunny and warm with a breeze here also. Hopefully the canola gets close to dry this afternoon.

Comment

Wheat was 19 yesterday, probably no go yet

Comment

A few years ago we had the same situation
                  Rains started , would dry up finally then rain again
                  Did that for nearly 3 weeks

Comment

Hurricane made landfall in New Orleans yesterday. It could mess the weather up for 2 weeks here. We’re giving er here to get in the 15 bushel wheat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      A few years ago we had the same situation
                      Rains started , would dry up finally then rain again
                      Did that for nearly 3 weeks
                      That is literally almost every year I have farmed for 29 years. Gets old. There is a reason John Deere used to send their prototypes out here to see how they perform in tough conditions! One year it was nice and dry conditions. I think 2003. Excellent crop, excellent quality that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        That is literally almost every year I have farmed for 29 years. Gets old. There is a reason John Deere used to send their prototypes out here to see how they perform in tough conditions! One year it was nice and dry conditions. I think 2003. Excellent crop, excellent quality that year.
                        Ya some areas have a tough gig , there is an area much the same north of here . Glaslyn to Rabbit Lake much the same as your area

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Ya some areas have a tough gig , there is an area much the same north of here . Glaslyn to Rabbit Lake much the same as your area
                          Ha. It’s why we got into animal agriculture. The fight got too be too much. Couldn’t ever quite afford a dryer, and so in an area where almost all grain has to be dried it was tough, pun intended!

I don’t mean to complain at all. I just find it fascinating that this kind of harvest weather is an anomaly. This year in this area is probably what a great year in kindersley, swift current, even Saskatoon looks like. Until now of course.

Comment

Suns out here again this morning.
                            Not much cereals left in the field here but the better canola is probably a week or more away.
                            Some of the drought canola that has been swathed is closer.
                            Last edited by shtferbrains; Aug 31, 2021, 09:29.

Comment

Blew a separator drive belt. Only 4 in stock in Canada. Have one coming in via Purolator from two provinces away. Crazy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...