• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market talk - will durum hit 25 bucks?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can grow stronghold(which I do), raymore, grainland, or fortitude durum. Otherwise I have to go with midge tolerant cwad/cwrs and I dont have the storage space to tie up a bin for 5+ years of seed.

Comment

Rumor has it P&H Moose jaw is at 22 bucks....

Weber newsletter says no offers on Morrocan durum tender...

Comment

Sounds like panic buying.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          Had to look up Alloy in the seed guide. If I grew it here it'd also be flat on the ground... not solid stem.

Have I told you guys I hate sawfly?
          Alloy does not go down flat.seen some up to 80 bushels per acre standing good.

Comment

No sure it it will be combine-able today or tomorrow, Friday forecast is for another inch of rain. Yields and quality are not going up.

Only 20% of a very poor crop harvested at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
              No sure it it will be combine-able today or tomorrow, Friday forecast is for another inch of rain. Yields and quality are not going up.

Only 20% of a very poor crop harvested at this point.
              #1cwad should still have legs too move up if all quality it now starting to get hurt?

Comment

Comment

18.50 just posted for #5 durum.So the spread is still real small compared to other years when quality was a concern.

Comment

What does this mean?

Turkey now allows 100% soft wheat for export pasta production.

We saw a very good, most high quality, soft wheat crop here this summer. Until the rain brought some sprouts and related quality issues, it graded mostly #2, no discounts.

Oops, when the elevators started shipping it to port or users, suddenly they were shocked - I mean SHOCKED - to be getting big discounts for low falling numbers. With complete unpredictability as to when their next load might be hit - the "problem" is a logistical nightmare for the elevators.

Nobody saw this coming.

Color me calloused, but after sweating over possible grade, moisture, sprouts, etc at the scales when sending out grains for my entire 40+ year farming career, I am finding within myself a complete dearth of sympathy for them.

Comment

https://www.nwgrgr.com/

Prices out of PNW in the Palouse. They similar problems with weather

Inaresting canola price but not sure of unit size.
                      Maybe $33 usd per 100?

Comment

I sold 100% of my durum yesterday. Between a 14 bu crop and crop insurance I am at 375/acre. I can't afford to sit on the grain and blindly speculate when I targetted $280 last spring. This is what will pull these markets down. Might go to $25 first but at $375/Ac it's a sell for me.

What about the 35 or 40 bushel guy in the SE? Likely he needs to see the market drop before he will pull the trigger on unsold tons.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          https://www.nwgrgr.com/

Prices out of PNW in the Palouse. They similar problems with weather

Inaresting canola price but not sure of unit size.
                          Maybe $33 usd per 100?
                          I seem to recall that their canola price is per hundred weight.

Works out to $20.88 Cad per bushel. Very close to our current price.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                            I can't afford to sit on the grain and blindly speculate when I targetted $280 last spring. .
                            This is the dilemma. Can it go higher? Sure, it could needle up over the next few months, but if the economy goes off the rails, it could get dragged down pretty hard.

My instinct is to let er all go this fall and take the W.

Comment

This is a year you do not have a clue who has the good crop and who has not by a drive by.Values of crops will vary more by marketing than by yields .

Comment

The guy havingnew bins delivered is the winner.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...