• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer for spring 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=GDR;511077 - [B]If they can get it
    [/B]

China: Local governments halt fertilizer exports from SOEs
    A number of China's state-owned fertilizer producers, so-called state-owned enterprises (SOEs), have been ordered by local Development and Reform Commissions to halt exports immediately, according to market participants.

The talks started on 25 September following a joint statement by China’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) and 11 other government agencies on 22 September that China’s fertilizer imports and exports will be subject to greater restrictions.
    Hubei Yihua, Hubei Xingfa and New Yangfeng were summoned for meetings by the Hubei Development and Reform Commission while YTH is understood to be meeting the local government on 29 September.
    Only a minority of urea producers in Shandong have so far been summoned and told to halt exports, according to market sources.

The majority of the Chinese phosphates and urea industry is made up of SOEs.
    The timeline for completion of the export suspension is unclear with some rumours it may last until as late as June 2022.
    This is a developing story and further details will be reported as they become clear

SOURCE; CRU GROUP

Comment

I heard about this last week but had too many other things going on to follow up
      Thanks for the details Larry
      This is not a good situation.

Comment

Sure is convenient timing for the globalist assault on carbon emissions and forced lower fertilizer use .
        Maybe just all this purely coincidence.........

Comment

Along with the pandemic Furrow. Very suspicious indeed.

Comment

Nearby Nat gas futures up 11% today. More “fuel for the fire” on fertilizer price hikes

Comment

Wonder if Richardson will phone me and say they can’t fulfill my fertilizer contract in November…..

Comment

Brutal news, we used that Polar 42 phos from China last year and it was the least dusty phos we had handled in a long time. I doubt any comes in now if I read that correct.

Comment

Grateful to have an independent dealer I trust and that I listened to him in August.
                  Phos up $80 since then and more expected this morning.
                  Last edited by blackpowder; Sep 28, 2021, 08:40.

Comment

I just spoke with an industry insider on the natural gas side. Forecasting for one of the biggest gas processors was his job until very recent retirement.

He thinks high nat gas prices have already cured high prices "here", with additional supply coming on line, and shut ins being turned back on, in spite of the still limited export capacity out of western Canada. We will be into a localized glut sooner than later. Doesn't see huge downside by spring, but predicts that nitrogen fertilizer will be cheaper by spring. Not sure if the logistics of pricing local N fertilizer by ficticiously running it to NOLA and back factored into his forecast. But at the very least, feedstocks won't be able to be used as an excuse for higher local prices.

Does anyone know how much N fertilizer is exported from western Canada, other than what goes stateside? Does any get put onto a boat, and if so, does the world price realistically affect us if we have to outbid the exporters?

Comment

Trudeau jumping for joy here as fertilizer prices shoot up and decimate farmers incomes

Comment

New pricing Nutrien today. Urea $1025, Phos $1150, Sulfur $596

Can book delivery for November now.

I think they let all the BTOs grab the first supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Yup about the same here. Retailer called today. Urea $1010 11-52 $1160 20.5-0-0-24 $650 0-0-60 $850. Richardson. All I can say is wtf. Told I wasn’t interested.

Comment

Those are some ugly numbers..
                            Glad we locked in ours sept 1st..

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

To be fair. The local Nutrien employee would be the last to know. A Brick Warehouse employee knows more about their current inventory pipeline.
                              My local independent, who's head office is 25 miles away, called all on his list without pushing.
                              The usual suspects will now pay May price in May unless they can store it, if they can get it now, and blame someone else.
                              This was not a FOMO decision, it was a stick your head in the sand consequence.

Comment

Our local Nutrien won’t even give me a price for spring unless you cam take delivery. The independent won’t share their price either because they haven’t secured enough product.

Fall nh3.. going to try and put some on.. is .68/lb delivered to field with a tank.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...