• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kochia resistance gly

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kochia resistance gly

Have some kochia that 2 liter of roundup won't touch after harvest should or try some liberty to smoke it off or is there something better to use? Just spot spraying.

Try a tandem disc or your pro till.

Comment

Ah no ground hard as cement

Comment

Rotary mower?

Comment

Plus that just spreads seeds

Comment

I had 1 quarter that was really infested with kochia, and roundup wasn't working. I sprayed valtera last fall right before winter. I seeded wheat into it this year with fantastic results. I plan on spot spraying any and all kochia patches for all fields that will be wheat next year.

Comment

Put the sickle to it and bale it, makes pretty good cow food, it’s better before it dries up but hungry cows aren’t nearly as fussy as full ones.

Comment

Yes if spots are big enough we might swath them and bale or burn

Comment

Originally posted by Rinker View Post
                  I had 1 quarter that was really infested with kochia, and roundup wasn't working. I sprayed valtera last fall right before winter. I seeded wheat into it this year with fantastic results. I plan on spot spraying any and all kochia patches for all fields that will be wheat next year.
                  We are trying this product called Fierce this fall which looks similar to Valtera but with another mode of action added in.

Using it on our lentil land mostly to go after resistant mustard but I see it handles kochia and some grasses too.

Comment

We used Fierce last fall for first time last week of Oct where we were seeding lentils this year. It got the kochia good but didn’t get the mustard as good. Where we didn’t spray it’s a mess

Comment

Sprayed Authority a day before an inch of rain this spring....yup that stuff is garbage as well. When it first came out I had really good luck with it...now not so much.

Comment

Unfortunately the best place to deal with these types of weeds is in canola. We had pretty good luck with a single pass 1.62L rate Liberty this yr. But it helps if you get a tall crop to canopy over after too.

Canola with Liberty will stop kochia in its tracks. One natural weed vs a human genetically engineered weed = war.

Comment

Originally posted by J88 View Post
                          We used Fierce last fall for first time last week of Oct where we were seeding lentils this year. It got the kochia good but didn’t get the mustard as good. Where we didn’t spray it’s a mess
                          It’s pretty soft on mustard

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Unfortunately the best place to deal with these types of weeds is in canola. We had pretty good luck with a single pass 1.62L rate Liberty this yr. But it helps if you get a tall crop to canopy over after too.

Canola with Liberty will stop kochia in its tracks. One natural weed vs a human genetically engineered weed = war.
                            2L of liberty with 20 gal of water on chemfallow and they grew through it.

Full rate reglone and they're green again in 2 weeks.

I'm waiting for frost on my mustard... need a good one to burst cell membranes and then I'll run them through. Take the kustard home, clean it out, and dump the screenings in the burn pit.

I've rolled them under and mowed them so I can get through it with the drill in the spring and all it does is create one unholy bank of viable seeds. It's quite a management nightmare!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...