• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Combiners

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Combiners

I was thinking, there must be some combines that may not leave the shed this year because crops are fried. Has anyone heard of neighbours who would go custom combining? The weather forecast has extended the cloudy cool showery weather into September, it appears. Totally ripe lentils, peas around here are greening up again now.

Yes insult to injury these late showers and
    Crops short to the ground some swathed because
    Well it never rains right??? Wrong, mother
    Nature trying hard to completely zero more
    Fields. Barley sprouted can even bale it.
    But who wants to really shave the ground
    With their equipment to do someone else’s with
    The cost of machinery and repairs? Would take
    Someone with a bit of a kind soul to want to help
    And there are some but less and less all the time
    The way farming has gone. It’s sad.

Comment

Cattle operation down the road from me is doing custom combining so they can get enough straw. Cattle and grain guys in the area trying to help each other as much as they can. Lots of crop not seeing a combine,tough for grain guys hoping to cash in on some of these grain prices and cattle guys not having much fun baling a short crop.

Comment

We went out combining in the flood year when we only had a half section planted. If you know someone with a crop its a lot easier as for us we had to pay to get it hauled a few hours to get into a good area. Made enough for a combine payment so I was happy. great experience on one hand as all I did was look after the combine and didnt have all the other management issues to worry about. Enjoyed it on one hand but hope to never do it again. some neighbors went custom swathing at the time too.

Comment

I know one neighbor has put an ad out looking. I put it out on my Twitter that I'd be willing to do custom combining or provide labor after we finished our harvest. Had alot of interest in labor and none in combining. Harvest is definitely taking longer than I had anticipated back a month ago

Comment

Drizzled here since 4:00 yesterday, amounts to 3/4 inch. It looks like a lull in the harvest, hopefully next week go-time again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...