• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oats

Punched out a new all time high

Gonna try some oats later today and see if we can keep them in the combine. I wonder if the backgrounders will know the dif between 3 dollar oats or 5 dollar oats when they come out of the mixing wagon. I bet Canoat will be charging more for there hulls this year than they paid for 40# oats a few years ago.
    Last edited by Old Cowzilla; Aug 17, 2021, 06:10.

Comment

I think we blow right thru $5 on our way to $6, ending stocks all ready tight combined with lower acres and reduced yields. Acres way up on barley at the expense of oats in our area. Probably as many barley acres as wheat acres this year, farmers chasing the $5.50 barley contracts. First year ever that we didn’t desicate our oats, our many 30+ days coupled with no rain ☔️ in July produced some nice white oats, all in the bin now at less than 40% of our normal yield, hopefully they are paying a premium for naturally dried oats. On a side note I’m glad I haven’t sold last years oats, will as I will have no trouble with bin space this year.
      Last edited by Sodbuster; Aug 17, 2021, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
        Gonna try some oats later today and see if we can keep them in the combine. I wonder if the backgrounders will know the dif between 3 dollar oats or 5 dollar oats when they come out of the mixing wagon. I bet Canoat will be charging more for there hulls this year than they paid for 40# oats a few years ago.
        The backgrounders would probably prefer the $3 oats from last year since they were probably heavier and plumper than your expensive ones this year😉

Comment

What’s the news on oats tonight, up 24 cents in the overnight market?

Comment

What are people getting for yields, I am only 70bu/Ac and maybe 15” tall plants. Second growth of green showed up from the tillers, drought and then a bit of moisture really screwed things up. Hoping for a killing frost so I can finish.

Comment

My skinny white oats weight about 30 lbs. don't have to worry about milling any. Most oats in this area were cut for feed and seed for next year could be tricky to get and very pricey. Good thing there's cattle in this country to help clean up this mess.

Comment

50bu/ac on dry ground, a lot of it green second growth. 110bu/ac on better ground.

Comment

hearing 90+ at 42 lbs, some under 40 too.

Comment

Text from grain buyer 6.21 Oct delivery

Comment

What's a box of cherrio's going to cost in a few months ?

Comment

I have been supporting the oat market for years, Cheerios during the warmer months and oatmeal in the colder months. I’m stocked up on my oatmeal and Cheerios for now so let them raise their prices so I can get my 6.xx oats this marketing year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...