• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bibeau Launches Call For Proposals For On-Farm Climate Action Fund

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bibeau Launches Call For Proposals For On-Farm Climate Action Fund

Anyway, here is your support from the feds. And Yall were think we would get an ad hoc pmt or top up on AgStab.

Climate Action Fund For Ag established. So if you farm the way Trudeau wants you to farm, you will be in the climate change good books.

Maybe some one can tell that idiot we have been doing all this for the past 25 yrs.

-----

https://pembinavalleyonline.com/ag-news/bibeau-launches-call-for-proposals-for-on-farm-climate-action-fund

Direct support to farmers will fall under these target areas:

- Cover cropping: for example, payment-per-acre to cover adoption or related costs such as seeds and equipment. Cover crops are plants, like clover and alfalfa, that are planted to cover the soil rather than for the purpose of being harvested.

- Nitrogen management: for example, agronomic services to develop farm-specific nutrient management plans, equipment modifications for fertilizer application in fields, and soil sampling and analysis.

- Rotational grazing: for example, agronomic services to develop grazing management plans, interior cross fencing, water system infrastructure, legume and forage seeds. Rotational grazing is the practice of containing and moving livestock through pasture to allow forage plants to recover, deepen their root systems and improve soil health.
    Last edited by jazz; Aug 12, 2021, 16:36.

well lets start like this...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/how-energy-traders-sold-carbon-neutral-natgas-doesnt-exist

Comment

Every time I read these recommended practices I wonder who is this addressed at because myself and god knows how many else in western Canada do this stuff already. Even the UN directive that came out the other day I looked at and thought we have done so much of that for 30 years. We’d not be where we are if we didn’t adopt these conservation practices already. Think they have no bloody clue honestly.

Comment

There is no ad how payment because our
        Privincial sask party won’t ask for one.
        Plain and simple fact.

Comment

We can't be doing the stuff already cause we are just a bunch of red neck knuckle dragging neanderthals.

We need the progressives to splain this stuff to us.

Going to be a tough sell.

But there are a couple of keener organizations that no one has heard of that are representing us.
          Does anyone know any of those people?

Comment

I have tried using tillage radish...one thing that is essential for that to work is moisture...go figure.

Establishing an alfalfa stand also needs......you guessed it .....
            moisture...

I wouldn't waste my time trying it now....I have a poor haystand because ....you guess it lack of moisture....and the older ones that have been fertilized...are dormant because....well try this again....lack of moisture...

Does anyone notice a common theme here?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              I have tried using tillage radish...one thing that is essential for that to work is moisture...go figure.

Establishing an alfalfa stand also needs......you guessed it .....
              moisture...

I wouldn't waste my time trying it now....I have a poor haystand because ....you guess it lack of moisture....and the older ones that have been fertilized...are dormant because....well try this again....lack of moisture...

Does anyone notice a common theme here?????
              YUP
              You need some irrigation.

Comment

Nothing like a drought with a healthy dose of grasshoppers to unravel several years of rotational grazing benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Anyway, here is your support from the feds. And Yall were think we would get an ad hoc pmt or top up on AgStab.

Climate Action Fund For Ag established. So if you farm the way Trudeau wants you to farm, you will be in the climate change good books.

Maybe some one can tell that idiot we have been doing all this for the past 25 yrs.

-----

https://pembinavalleyonline.com/ag-news/bibeau-launches-call-for-proposals-for-on-farm-climate-action-fund

Direct support to farmers will fall under these target areas:

- Cover cropping: for example, payment-per-acre to cover adoption or related costs such as seeds and equipment. Cover crops are plants, like clover and alfalfa, that are planted to cover the soil rather than for the purpose of being harvested.

- Nitrogen management: for example, agronomic services to develop farm-specific nutrient management plans, equipment modifications for fertilizer application in fields, and soil sampling and analysis.

- Rotational grazing: for example, agronomic services to develop grazing management plans, interior cross fencing, water system infrastructure, legume and forage seeds. Rotational grazing is the practice of containing and moving livestock through pasture to allow forage plants to recover, deepen their root systems and improve soil health.
                  Seen this coming
                  We will be the only ones in Canada that will have to jump through circus 🎪 hoops to get a dime
                  And yes we all have been doing this for years ffs

Comment

She is as ****ing stupid as Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                      YUP
                      You need some irrigation.
                      Government funded sure...to date they can't supply water for private irrigation system and all they have to do is remove a stop log.

But rain still is the best . And most affordable

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...