• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRSW Looking Toppy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    It was the cwb that got caught short... even American farmers talk about it.

Now it's the farmers themselves in Canada that will be short.

Interestingly enough while they were mad at the CWB for that ...they were not smart enough to tell Gerry to put in contracts between graincos and farmers a mechanism that would protect both sides in the event of what's happening today and what happened to the CWB.

But maybe agristability will pickup the costs of contract buyouts as an eligible expense.
    Bucket it is getting old complaining about Gerry you are no better than Trudope bitching and blaiming all the ills on Harper. There was definitely things missed with getting rid of the CWB but I believe it was the best thing that ever happened for western agriculture'

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
      The CWB wasn't selling any $24 wheat. They were BUYING it for $24 from US speculators who had them by the short and curlies. The idiots at the board blew out wheat to Algeria and the like for peanuts before it was even planted and farmers said "What do you mean you sold it all? We didn't grow any." Farmers paid for their idotic gambling loss in the pools for two years. I grew ABC* for those two years. In fact that might have been when I started into my dairy alfalfa years. Only got back into cereals after the board was gone. Wheat board act said they can only sell what has already been offered by farmers. I don't know why anyone didn't go to jail over that. They certainly sold what wasn't offered yet. "Offered" PUKE. Try stolen.

* Anything But Cereals
      No just imagine, a couple of the financial wizards who were directors at the CWB at that time are now advising us about the economics of solar and wind power generation.
      Can you say credibility problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
        Bucket it is getting old complaining about Gerry you are no better than Trudope bitching and blaiming all the ills on Harper. There was definitely things missed with getting rid of the CWB but I believe it was the best thing that ever happened for western agriculture'
        Fair comments...and now the farmers that have to buy themselves out of contracts can quit asking government to help them out and go give their grain away to pay the fees and spread...

Even the cattlemen reps are asking government to help farmers out of their contracts FFS. Because it might mean some bales for them.

Not my problem but it looks like they will be asking the liberals to fix it for them.

If you don't think Gerry is responsible for his lack of vision in regard for this ....who do you think is.?

Sure eliminating the Cwb had to be done ...that's not the issue here ...it's the absolute lack of foresight to protect farmers interests.
        Last edited by bucket; Aug 11, 2021, 19:07.

Comment

HRSW here looking fluffy in swaths , not toppy

Not much weight there
          Barley in area weighing in at 35-40 lbs
          Yields 25-40% of average

Comment

Room for more....chart's not broken yet.

Give it till Aug 24-Sep 3 to show future direction

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
              Wasn't the cwb caught short. Thought they lost something like 25 million on that trade. I thought that was kind of the straw that broke the camels back and led to the ultimate downfall of the cwb. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong and Larry can fill us in on the details.
              The squeeze was related to the Producer Payment Options program.
              Net hedging activity was -466,911,000$
              The program ended in the red -89,513,000$

Comment

Any wheat here seems to be running half of normal on the good dirt and even less on the sandy shit. Will that make a difference on the world market ? All the U.S.A. stuff in the bin now for sure.

Comment

August WASDE lowered global ending stocks for wheat 12.62 MMT. Wheat futures up

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                    Room for more....chart's not broken yet.

Give it till Aug 24-Sep 3 to show future direction
                    Well ok then lets not wait till the 24th.....new high in MW

Comment

Adjusted for inflation grain prices have a way to go. Prices have not caught up with production costs.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                        Adjusted for inflation grain prices have a way to go. Prices have not caught up with production costs.
                        If you pick any year and index wheat as an example...wheat should be 24 bucks.

From 6 bucks in 1975 to today it would put us there.

Its crazy but there would be a whole different farm community if commodities indexed like everything else.

It would be more fun for sure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...