• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heated canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated canola

I have a bit of heated canola. I see an offer for 8 bucks picked up for 80 to 100% heated. Anyone see anything better? I binned it waiting for more than five. It’s worth almost as much heated as it was when I harvested it.

We used to sell ours to a company in foam lake sk, I’m not sure if they r still in operation but they were very fair, paid us nearly the same price as the market was paying at the time.

Comment

Try putting it on Kijiji, never done it but wonder what would come of it.

Comment

Yeah Milligan in foam lake. Went broke a few years back so a bit gun shy there. Only half hour away, so it’s a shame. Kijiji is actually where I saw the buyers ad.

Comment

Feedmill told me they had to buy #1 canola earlier this spring, and are paying nearly as much for heated just to get it. Call around.

Comment

sold some to apex in meeting creek a 14 bucks

Comment

Trouw Bids for the week of August 10 thru 16

Sherwood park
              Wheat -$10.83/bu delivered Sept
              Barley -$7.40/bu delivered Sept
              Peas or Fabas -$9.50/bu delivered Sept
              Sample or heated Canola -$17/bu delivered October

Westlock
              Wheat -$10.55/bu delivered Sept
              Barley-$7.50/bu delivered August
              Peas or Fabas -$9.50/bu delivered September

No bids on Oats as of this week.

Feed mills out here are looking for everything right now. Definitely keep phoning.

Could try Agfinity grain brokers. They’re based by us and have been good to deal with. They’re showing $12+ for heated canola now.

Comment

Will have to watch canola in bins if we get that far this year ....

Severe drought stressed areas are going to have issues storing that
                It’s showing up everywhere here , in multiple varieties
                If we actually get it off before the wind takes it , either standing or swathed , that will not store well most likely

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Will have to watch canola in bins if we get that far this year ....

Severe drought stressed areas are going to have issues storing that
                  It’s showing up everywhere here , in multiple varieties
                  If we actually get it off before the wind takes it , either standing or swathed , that will not store well most likely
                  Why would it sprout? Makes no sense to me when its dry. Be more likely to think poor germination.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    Why would it sprout? Makes no sense to me when its dry. Be more likely to think poor germination.
                    Was told hormone inbalance due to heat/drought....ya ok.

maybe it got covid....

Comment

We have been told it due to extreme heat and drought stress . Caused a hormone imbalance when early canola was podding in that 35-40 deg heat for too long . No one has ever seen that here to this extent.
                      We did notice some in 2002 .
                      It was spotted a month ago , I shared those pictures when it actually took place .
                      Generally in the earlier seeded crops.

Comment

Was mid July , has nothing to do with sprouting due to moisture.... obviously from the timing when it happened.

As for the hormone imbalance story , I have no idea but have heard nothing more for anyone else as to why so 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️.
                        Cool season crops like canola don’t do well with no rain and 35-40 c weather .
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 12, 2021, 06:21.

Comment

Sorry for side tracking your thread sheep, but this will be an issue for canola in bins this fall as well .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...