• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask party kicks ranchers in the balls.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    I think I’m ok for feed and I’m not big on bailouts, but I guess cows are the only species that need feeding then?
    All animals qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      All animals qualify.
      My bad. I see that now.

Comment

How much $ is enough for cattle producers to get through this winter? I was a producer during BSE and got screwed twice. The first time our 200 calves were at the sale ring the day that BSE was announced and they sold for $100 each, the auction would not stop the sale. The 2nd time is when we sold the 200 cows 3 years later for $200 each when our hayfields and pastures were under water with the flood of the century. The government programs said we would get help in their programs but because we had grain income we didn’t drop low enough for any assistance. Many cattle producers were stabbed in the back by these programs and realized that they were never in the governments front of mind. Cattle is a swear word on our farm now.

Comment

When BSE hit I also got froze out that fall.thought for sure agstability would kick in but no.They changed breeding stock values from inventory to capital asset so the drop in value was not counted as a loss in inventory.basically had to sell every calf and cull cows for a few years after that.probably that year took 3 or 4 to recover from.I dropped agstability a few years ago.does not work when a person spreads out risk through a diverse farm.

Comment

Straight from the UN ..

And the IPCC ..... Canada will never support western Canada livestock again
            But dairy still protected..... where is the majority of Dairy...

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
              When BSE hit I also got froze out that fall.thought for sure agstability would kick in but no.They changed breeding stock values from inventory to capital asset so the drop in value was not counted as a loss in inventory.basically had to sell every calf and cull cows for a few years after that.probably that year took 3 or 4 to recover from.I dropped agstability a few years ago.does not work when a person spreads out risk through a diverse farm.
              Yup they have been told that...so both federal parties have essentially left the program to be manipulated by those that use MNP as their accounting firm. And have structural changes...guys that take the time to separate the cows and grain within the same farm unit can manipulate quite well I've been told.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...