• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask party kicks ranchers in the balls.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask party kicks ranchers in the balls.

Todays announcement won't buy enough feed to support a cow for two weeks. Ranchers will be feeding earlier and longer. It won't stop herds from being sold off.

Its just sad to see how generation herds will disappear and ranchers along with them.

How do bring young guys into the industry. When they have zero support.

Marit is the biggest phucking joke of an ag minister I think this province has had.
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 10, 2021, 16:07.

I am hoping bucket didnt see the other announcement that came out today.

Comment

Whats the other announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Todays announcement won't buy enough feed to support a cow for two weeks. Ranchers will be feeding earlier and longer. It won't stop herds from being sold off.

Its just sad to see how generation herds will disappear and ranchers along with them.

How do bring young guys into the industry. When they have zero support.

Marit is the biggest phucking joke of an ag minister I think this province has had.
        This is what you get when you have an entirely ineffective opposition in government. Currently apparent at all levels from municipal to provincial to federal.

Comment

This is what you get when there isn't a working organ between the ears of farm groups and government.

I dont have alot of cattle and I am probably ok for this year...But my neighbours that run straight cattle have a long road ahead..

It is phucking embarrassing that this is all they could do , when you consider what this province has committed to expand irrigation and what the federal government has spent for pandemic relief for the average person.

Comment

What did we get for govmint paymennts during BSE,bucket??

All I remember is govenment backed loans that you had to sign one af those forms that releases everything to the bank.

And a whole bunch of new regulations regarding traceability that get worse every year.

Government is always there to help you out.

Actualy can't remember the last ad hoc payment.
            Maybe the 80's?

Comment

This is why it's a garbage announcement .

Cattle guys spent years getting back from no help during BSE and now this...only to be drop kicked in the nuts again ...

They should zero any grain production that goes to bales and pay the farmer a reasonable price.

Put a lid on bale price and then everyone is at least made whole.

And a mass exodus can be avoided.

Just disappointed with the lack of vision for cattle guys by all levels of government.

Comment

So I’m kinda foggy here but do you have to in ag stab to get the money or do you qualify through crop ins? I’m not in ag stab.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Whats the other announcement?
                  $350M to residential school survivors.

Comment

Who's gonna replace Pallister, next door?

Won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      $350M to residential school survivors.
                      Yes I read that headline and ignored it...

I will stay away from that issue...not knowledgeable enough on it and it's not in my wheelhouse to express an opinion.

Comment

I wonder if all sask livestock producers get equal amounts.or will crop insurance use its rainfall data to pro rate depending on amount of rain you got,? If you have your own grain and hay the cost of keeping the breeding stock is still sky high cause your feed is still valued at market price.

Comment

It's coming under the Agrirecovery program.
                          I think they announced that money about 3 times now.

Comment

Lets be clear here.

The Ag Minister in saskatchewan is a phucking retard.

The federal ag Minister has lower mental capacity than the guy mentioned above.

Let me give you an example. AGT and Fairfax were given in excess of 100 million to fix the rail line to churchill. They have since disposed of it to some bands and held on to the operational part of it. A few days ago Jimmy Carr announced another 40 million to continue to fix it. Omnitrax had the fix pegged at about 30 million when they relinquished it.
                            So someone has pocketed alot of money.

Meanwhile to close this example all the ranchers in Saskatchewan received less than than that.

If you look at the money thrown out in the last few weeks by Trudeau and his gang it coming in at close to 20 billion...

And they can't make decision to help feed cattle in this country in less than a month of it becoming newsworthy.

None of the other announcements will starve an animal if announced at a later date.

It's important to remember this when you speak to your MLA or MP as a representative of farmers..

Its just so disappointing to see farm reps saying thank you to a bunch of phucking morons. It makes them look stupid as well. It's like they don't ranch or understand how little this is.
                            Last edited by bucket; Aug 10, 2021, 19:32.

Comment

I think I’m ok for feed and I’m not big on bailouts, but I guess cows are the only species that need feeding then?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...