• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some market talk.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    FFS Bucket
    Marketing talk , WTF?
    How dare you
    I thought you might like this.

Change things up ...getting nowhere with insulting the announcements for ranchers.

Comment

New crop red lentils 39c today.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
        Lock your bins boys!! I recently bought all the locks from Peavey and Home Hardware. 😂😂
        This is our year to control prices.

Wonder how many of the crooks at the grain companies will put “limited tonnage” in their texts they send out? Sorry it’s going to be a limited tonnage year.

I thought Morocco had a big crop coming?
        Are they storing up incase prices go through the roof??

Europe’s crop isn’t great, too much rain!!

Just don’t give in to the grain companies sale tactics.

Over and out .....
        Don't forget grain companies set the basis, set their charges and assess your quality and dockage. They have more than one way to cover losses and return a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          New crop red lentils 39c today.
          This year is setting up a lot like 2015, wouldn't be surprised to see 60c reds and 80c greens.

Comment

After reading the UN report of climate hysteria and the world is going to all burn, you would think that it could possibly give a big boost to the grain markets. If nothing else Im thinking it could be an opportunity that investors are looking at just like Gamestop or silver. Markets don't work on supply and demand like they used to, its more like everyone jumping on the bandwagon when price is going up and everyone jumping off and grabbing profits when things pull back. So I think it could be a wild winter for grain prices like Wheats, Beans and Corn they have the most volume and are easy to buy. I would not be surprised to see wheat in the mid teens or low 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              I thought you might like this.

Change things up ...getting nowhere with insulting the announcements for ranchers.
              Interesting talking about cattle in Mexico… Texas Ag report report (he took a tour into Mexico…that the drought so bad in places in Mexico… up to 70% death rate have decimated some cattle herds… Mexico bought Soybeans today…

From Google:

About 70 percent of Mexico is affected by drought, up from about half in December. About a fifth of the country is experiencing extreme drought compared to less than five percent each year since 2012.Jul. 15, 2021…

Cheers
              Last edited by TOM4CWB; Aug 10, 2021, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                Lock your bins boys!! I recently bought all the locks from Peavey and Home Hardware. 😂😂
                This is our year to control prices.

Wonder how many of the crooks at the grain companies will put “limited tonnage” in their texts they send out? Sorry it’s going to be a limited tonnage year.

I thought Morocco had a big crop coming?
                Are they storing up incase prices go through the roof??

Europe’s crop isn’t great, too much rain!!

Just don’t give in to the grain companies sale tactics.

Over and out .....
                Hope you bought the cheap Chinese ones
                Hate to wreck a good set of bolt cutters…..
                And please fill you auger gas tank it’s a bugger
                Looking for gas at 3 in the morning especially
                When the nearby yards have dogs that bite
                Where the fuel tanks are…… over and out. Lol

Comment

Main durum growing basins include Meditteranean, Canada and US, though many other regions like southern Europe, India are growing areas. 2 outta 3 is looking disastrous. There is a lot of pasta eaten in N.America and European continent. Consumption trends point to pasta and legumes as major components in urban diets. That’s where the money is. But and a big But is that consumers are price-conscious and when high durum prices are reflected in a box of lasagne noodles, substitution will no doubt be the result but pasta is so rediculously cheap now, a doubling in price would likely have little effect. That being said, I believe that marketers are going to be very short of product, especially if this harvest is delayed or frozen. So, whats in the fields of Eastern Sask and Western Manitoba is still iffy and until its in the bin, every pre-sold position is shaking in its boots. How high depends on so many variables, shorts hanging on line, weather to harvest, yield surprises. No wise man would commit a guess at this critical stage. Even if you are Sumdumguy, you would only be furting in the wind. Just know many old Frenchmen who fill old bins with poor quality and wait for crunch times to fill their pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Main durum growing basins include Meditteranean, Canada and US, though many other regions like southern Europe, India are growing areas. 2 outta 3 is looking disastrous. There is a lot of pasta eaten in N.America and European continent. Consumption trends point to pasta and legumes as major components in urban diets. That’s where the money is. But and a big But is that consumers are price-conscious and when high durum prices are reflected in a box of lasagne noodles, substitution will no doubt be the result but pasta is so rediculously cheap now, a doubling in price would likely have little effect. That being said, I believe that marketers are going to be very short of product, especially if this harvest is delayed or frozen. So, whats in the fields of Eastern Sask and Western Manitoba is still iffy and until its in the bin, every pre-sold position is shaking in its boots. How high depends on so many variables, shorts hanging on line, weather to harvest, yield surprises. No wise man would commit a guess at this critical stage. Even if you are Sumdumguy, you would only be furting in the wind. Just know many old Frenchmen who fill old bins with poor quality and wait for crunch times to fill their pockets.
                    I think with the purchase of Italgrani pasta by the richardson group they have a good hold on the north American and export market for durum?

Comment

In past years, wheat has been mixed, or substituted for durum.
                      Carefull what we wish for, high prices cure high prices

Eastern eurpoe grows lentils now, australia grows canola, etc

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                        $200 a cow won’t go far
                        Nope ...the cow calf guys are going to be decimated.

Comment

Not many cow calf guys left near me but I see lots of light oats coming that won't be going very far.

Anybody see any bids on low bushel wt grains of any kind?
                          Last edited by shtferbrains; Aug 10, 2021, 12:00.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...