• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some market talk.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some market talk.

US Durum to Morrocco, Good volumes of the durum and the price in the states is pushing 16 bucks cdn for durum.

Canadian wheat to South Korea for 12 bucks cdn at the coast.

Not a giddy up moment but puts some wind in the sails.
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 10, 2021, 08:24.

Whats your best ever price for Durum?

Comment

I think 12 bucks for a few small loads shovelled on...it hurt less. Long time ago. Haven't sold any lately.
      Last edited by bucket; Aug 10, 2021, 08:40.

Comment

Offer last week here for $16.00CAD Aug - Sept delivery.

Strong, positive sign that Morocco is importing durum,,, aren't they normally an exporter?

Comment

Good god, I lost $200k not holding my 2020 lentils and durum one more month. What a kick in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Good god, I lost $200k not holding my 2020 lentils and durum one more month. What a kick in the head.
            I have found its better not to look back, but that being said , I usually sell lentils off the combine. That should make you feel better.

This year not much for lentils since they were hailed out and are now regrowing....

Feel better?

Comment

I still have 3 bins of old crop(only because I won't need all the bins for new crop), but unsure about selling even at $16.

I'm trying to imagine where this commodity could go, especially after watching canola hit $25 last winter and still over $20, right now in Aug.

Canola is just a veggie oil, it could be substituted with other veggie oils,,, but durum is a very specific wheat. How do mills substitute durum to make pasta?

So knowing how little the actual cost of durum is in a box of pasta, one can imagine durum could still go up a long way. I'm trying to get my head around it but,,,
              could it go to $30 ???

Comment

If it gets to $30, better frame a picture of that cheque.You’ll be talking about it after the glaciers all melt.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  If it gets to $30, better frame a picture of that cheque.You’ll be talking about it after the glaciers all melt.
                  You probably grow durum being close to the queen city,,, where do you think it could go sum? what are your thoughts? especially knowing the conditions in the traditional durum growing areas in SK, AB, ND, MT.
                  Does Italy et al have a avg crop? bumper crop? will they export?

My main thought is how can durum be substituted at the mill? Where could the price go, after watching what happened to canola last winter?

Comment

Maybe they can manufacture fake Durum...using semolina flour???? and a whole bunch of other ingredients ??? maybe epoxy resins and color ????? hahahaha....sometimes I have to make myself laugh.

Comment

Durum growing are is getting much larger as is many of the pulse crops that were normally in southern parts of prairies. Give time and variety breeding you never know where it will go.

Comment

Hay prices on an online auction. 150USD for 850# squares...is the current bid with a day to go.

No money in making bales this year?????

And probably government funded to boot. Its in Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          You probably grow durum being close to the queen city,,, where do you think it could go sum? what are your thoughts? especially knowing the conditions in the traditional durum growing areas in SK, AB, ND, MT.
                          Does Italy et al have a avg crop? bumper crop? will they export?

My main thought is how can durum be substituted at the mill? Where could the price go, after watching what happened to canola last winter?
                          Hard red spring wheats can be used for pasta, high protein give better quality.
                          Pulse flour works as well, colour and the physical properties of what foods you are looking for is key, Durum is like a Brand, so semolina is a matter of preference as much as any thing else.

“All-purpose flour does what it says on the tin, so it's perfectly fine to use for making pasta. However, most pasta recipes will recommend either semola or “00” flour.Jan. 31, 2020”

How much more people will pay for the wheat used in their food dishes is a matter of affluence and wealth… not nutrition…

Usually Hard Red Spring is worth more than Durum… a 1 HRS with very high HVK… high protein… can make wonderful food!

Cheers

Comment

FFS Bucket
                            Marketing talk , WTF?
                            How dare you

Comment

Lock your bins boys!! I recently bought all the locks from Peavey and Home Hardware. 😂😂
                              This is our year to control prices.

Wonder how many of the crooks at the grain companies will put “limited tonnage” in their texts they send out? Sorry it’s going to be a limited tonnage year.

I thought Morocco had a big crop coming?
                              Are they storing up incase prices go through the roof??

Europe’s crop isn’t great, too much rain!!

Just don’t give in to the grain companies sale tactics.

Over and out .....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...