• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canaryseed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canaryseed

I rarely post on here as very little info on this board has anything to do with marketing, but here goes!!

Canaryseed - 45 cents per lb today. This is virtually an all time record. Very little hidden inventory is being sold off now. Market rising until growers start to sell. Will be volatile though.

Dave

We have some to move , but has volunteer canola in it that we can’t seem to find anyone willing to clean out .
    Any ideas Dave ?
    We took sample to one last guy , he has spirals , we are hopeful he can do it
    22% canola in it

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      We have some to move , but has volunteer canola in it that we can’t seem to find anyone willing to clean out .
      Any ideas Dave ?
      22% canola in it
      Dont need spirals but need decent cleaning system. What area are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
        Dont need spirals but need decent cleaning system. What area are you in?
        North Battleford area .
        Lots of very good mobile units in area but no one seems willing , been asking for 5-6 years with samples given .. answer always no basically

Comment

Any ideas Dave ?
          22% canola in it
          I had a local guy clean canola out of canary for me relatively well. Got it down from 30% to maybe 3 or 4%. No spirals, just SLOW over various screens. Call around.

Color sort might be worthwhile?

Comment

North Battleford area .
            Lots of very good mobile units in area but no one seems willing , been asking for 5-6 years with samples given .. answer always no basically
            We can clean that in Kindersley (actually has to be cleaned and blended off). Canola can not be saved as our screenings from lentil line and canary line go into one big bin. If you want to discuss further talk to Ed at 1(306)463-6000
            Last edited by dave4441; Aug 10, 2021, 08:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              I had a local guy clean canola out of canary for me relatively well. Got it down from 30% to maybe 3 or 4%. No spirals, just SLOW over various screens. Call around.

Color sort might be worthwhile?
              We have been calling around for years lol.
              At the time maybe was not worth , maybe now ?

Comment

We can clean that in Kindersley (actually has to be cleaned and blended off). Canola can not be saved as our screenings from lentil line and canary line go into one big bin. If you want to discuss further talk to Ed at 1(306)460-9272
                Incednetly, this is a indent (length) cleaning issue. You have to have very specific indent shells that lift the small weed seeds (and buskwheat, dehull, stinkweed, cow cockle, etc) and canola at the same time. Only export plants normally have these types of shells.

Comment

Incednetly, this is a indent (length) cleaning issue. You have to have very specific indent shells that lift the small weed seeds (and buskwheat, dehull, stinkweed, cow cockle, etc) and canola at the same time. Only export plants normally have these types of shells.
                  Good to know , thx

Comment

We have been calling around for years lol.
                    At the time maybe was not worth , maybe now ?
                    Ha, I have yellow mustard with cleavers I’ve been calling around for. I know what you mean…

Comment

I sold canary at .55 it should always be
                      40 cents and if not for manipulation
                      It always would be.

Comment

Hey dave
                        Little off topic
                        How about taking barley out of oats ?
                        Not sure if it’s a problem yet on one this year but sure looks to be?i

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Hey dave
                          Little off topic
                          How about taking barley out of oats ?
                          Not sure if it’s a problem yet on one this year but sure looks to be?i
                          I believe that would be handled best across a gravity table. If there is enough difference in bushel weight.

But I am from Leader. I know very little about oats.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            I sold canary at .55 it should always be
                            40 cents and if not for manipulation
                            It always would be.
                            Sure, we just need a board to provide a quota system and we can keep market at 40. Until other countries grab the acreage.

Comment

We use a rotary drum cleaner with top half of drum sized to slightly larger than canola remover screen, and bottom half with a flax screen. It works like a joe damn for taking canola out of flax. Can't see why it would not work just as well on a canary and canola mix.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...