• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just one of the parasites

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one of the parasites

http://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/crop-giant-cargill-reports-biggest-profit-in-156-year-history-1.1637594

The $1000.00+ Usd profit per head of cattle slaughtered for a good period of the year surely can’t hurt the bottom line!

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
      The $1000.00+ Usd profit per head of cattle slaughtered for a good period of the year surely can’t hurt the bottom line!
      But its farmers that create food inflation just ask the food professor Sylvain Charlebois...and because of the drought.

You will have to ask him ...he blocked me.

Comment

The cattle industry is in a tipping point of no return, Cargil has made its profits on the backs of farmers by holding a monopoly. It’s sad that the cow calf producer has been reduced to peasant status and will be throwing in the towel soon. The government has no interest in supporting what they believe is a CO2 burden on the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
          The cattle industry is in a tipping point of no return, Cargil has made its profits on the backs of farmers by holding a monopoly. It’s sad that the cow calf producer has been reduced to peasant status and will be throwing in the towel soon. The government has no interest in supporting what they believe is a CO2 burden on the environment.
          At the same time, I consider my handful of cows to be an integral part of our farm. They very efficiently graze areas that I cannot cultivate or don't want to crop, they need forage which I produce from good crop land and the alfalfa sharply reduces the purchased N requirements for the subsequent corn crop, which benefits in numerous ways from improved soil structure and so on.

We also have a small but lucrative premium market for our beef, an advantage that comes from living in the shadow of the Big Ugly City...I keep that thousand bucks that Cargill has been pocketing.

However, if I were to turn the whole place into pasture and hay, it wouldn't work out so well and our land cost is even relatively low.

The problem comes from the packer base shrinking much faster than the supplier base.

Neither is good. Especially when the packers are more concerned about pleasing the shareholder and the fickle clowns who run the government.

Comment

Local market had to send cattle back no buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
              The government has no interest in supporting what they believe is a CO2 burden on the environment.
              I would warn that what the ESG crowd and lefty govts have in store for our meat industry is much worse than a couple yrs of drought.

Take a look at the oil industry. You can kill something with regulation and neglect very easily.

Grain producers should take note as well because the writing is on the wall for us too.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                I would warn that what the ESG crowd and lefty govts have in store for our meat industry is much worse than a couple yrs of drought.

Take a look at the oil industry. You can kill something with regulation and neglect very easily.

Grain producers should take note as well because the writing is on the wall for us too.
                The progressive agenda is to discourage all of the enterprises and activities that have made us the most prosperous people there has ever been. I’m not sure they understand how devastating poverty is.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

We are all doomed! Jazz said so and his predictions are always correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
                    The progressive agenda is to discourage all of the enterprises and activities that have made us the most prosperous people there has ever been. I’m not sure they understand how devastating poverty is.
                    Is that why they are sending cattle guys some drought relief just to get rid of them?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...