• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry times

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry times

Not sure what other guys are planning but combined enough to make a fire guard around the yard.

Yes , we this is *** serious

Comment

Good plan. Some fires in hay fields here. Just one little rock, one little spark. Tense situation, wind doesn't help. Even burns into standing hay. An added stress to everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

Not sure what other guys are planning but combined enough to make a fire guard around the yard.
        Yep, been thinking that too. Likely gonna take the disc with the combine for harvest, kinda a pain but boy wouldn't take much for a big wreck with all the wind this summer.

Comment

Water trucks, implements in field, some have a water tank/pump under grain cart I see. This smoke better clear or our sense of smell will numbed to notice any.

Comment

Half inch of rain today from 2 thunderstorms. Yard greening back up again will reduce fire risk. Burn barrel back in operation. Worried now about having to lick a small crop mixed with green weeds up off the mud. BTDT. Canola swathing commencing next week. From what I have seen the feed grain shortage goes away by October as all fields have 2 crops in them spaced about a month apart. Which one do you harvest?

Comment

A few years ago my pickup started a stubble fire in a field the combine was sinking in, now keep a tractor close, got it anyway usually hooked to a disk.

Comment

Been playing it sort of like aussie rules. If you think, "jesus it'd be a hell of a day to get a fire going", it's probably time to go drink beer at home.

With the shit crop I'm over equipped by about 3x with combines this year, so it can likely wait a day or an afternoon if it has to.

Comment

It's not only our equipment catching fire.
                  In these conditions if a neighbor has a issues a few miles away, nothing is going to stop it..

Comment

We keep our spray trailer close with fifty feet of hose and a fire nozzle. Had to use it last last year on one field when one of the combines decided to throw a spark into the stubble.

Comment

Our 12 foot Rome breaking disk follows us from field to field these days. When the home quarter was combined a couple days ago, a fireguard was disked.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...