• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadians died of COVID-19 in long-term care by the thousands. So why are there so fe

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
    Chuckles, the 10’s of billions in profits that Pfizer et al are making off your vaccines must be infuriating for you. And yet you are one of their cheerleaders.
    A lot of the covid vaccine research funding came from governments including Trump. That must drive you bonkers to know that even as stupid as Trump is, he recognized the benefits of vaccines for covid.

And yeah we should be lifting patent protection so that the developing world can afford to vaccinate everyone.

Some profit from vaccines is okay. But excess profits are not needed. We know that the pharmaceutical industry and the chemical industry will monopolize and charge what the market will bear.

"Freedom" for the rich and powerfull and for the rest, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      We need the ability for those who can afford to jump the que to take a different lane altogether.
      I would write any check to help my son but there is only one choice, and its horribly mismanaged. I would need to move out of Alberta to access more care.
      You have a choice. Head to the USA and enjoy the benefits of a multi tiered healthcare system. Private healthcare all you want. Whats holding you back? Take your high limit credit card!
      Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 7, 2021, 14:44.

Comment

Your all or none thinking gets old.
        When my mother was in final stage of life, I could've wrote a check to my local hospital for the 3 weeks she had left. Several empty beds. Empty.
        But instead she was forcefully shipped off to a long term care facility in major center.
        You as a taxpayer wrote that check for far more than I would've under scenario one.
        My son would cost me ~$1000/ month for psychiatric visits if available.
        But instead, our taxes pay for a fuedalistic association to bill in 15 min increments for prescribing meds only. And even that is unavailable. The system is completely constipated.
        Slapping any other ideas in the face with an all or none US example is childish and narrow minded. Leading to an inevitable proof of your being right by default.
        Your not even listening and therefore are a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          I have had recent experience in both RUH and City Hospital in Stoon. I have to say the people on the front line are for the most part top notch.
          Have had little experiene in my lifetime but it always seemed to me once you get past the gatekeepers the system works fairly well. But that gatekeeper mentality is almost impenetrable.

The hip surgeon told me he had 300+ on the list and can't do 20 per week due to covid slowdowns. And he wasn't saying the system was overrun.
          That is a problem.
          Everyone around here is goin to the US for new knees and hips. $45 k a pop

Comment

Exactly, and now that money is out of the country for good.

Here, it costs $100 cash only, to get your drivers medical. Any guesses what would actually cost taxpayer if free?
            If I feel the need to spend $800 on an MRI I can get one next week. Does that hurt the fellow getting the free one??
            If there was a fair user pay to see a doctor would the clinic be swamped??
            If doctors didn't make money on tests would there be as many?
            Will costs if hidden, keep going up anyway? Of course. Maybe all costs outside wages should be open for all to see just before each election.
            The bureaucracy currently costs as much I'm sure as a profit margin would be.
            A sensible mix of public and private is possible, if one can find anyone with some sense of course.

Comment

I basicly told my good Dr I had to know or that was my option.
              Got in the right line up and one I saw said there would be nothing left if not done soon.
              As I said above,can't imagine how it can go better.
              One down and one to go.
              Says 3 mo or less.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                A sensible mix of public and private is possible, if one can find anyone with some sense of course.
                The trouble is that you won't find many with some sense involved in this. Too many Chucks, whose black and white view of everything blinds them to any workable common sense solution.
                So we will carry on until it collapses under its own weight.

Comment

And once everyone drives the same shitty Lada or Belarus, we'll all be happy.

Comment

The US health care system cost more per capita by far than Canada and there are many people in the US without insurance or underinsured and have no coverage because they can't afford it.

If you have a chronic health condition, good luck finding affordable coverage.

Health insurance companies routinely deny coverage to ensure they make a profit. They count on the fact that most people can't afford to fight a denial of coverage.

There are hundreds of bloated US health insurance companies with a complex web of rules and bureaucracy.

There are problems in the Canadian system that can be fixed. But it's universal and affordable for everyone.

And for those people who want to jump the lines you can head to the US or any other country and pay for what you want.
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 8, 2021, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      The US health care system cost more per capita by far than Canada and there are many people in the US without insurance or underinsured and have no coverage because they can't afford it.

If you have a chronic health condition, good luck finding affordable coverage.

Health insurance companies routinely deny coverage to ensure they make a profit. They count on the fact that most people can't afford to fight a denial of coverage.

There are hundreds of bloated US health insurance companies with a complex web of rules and bureaucracy.

There are problems in the Canadian system that can be fixed. But it's universal and affordable for everyone.

And for those people who want to jump the lines you can head to the US or any other country and pay for what you want.
                      As AF5 says it’s black and white for chuck. US or Canadian system are the only options in his world. Most of the top 10 rated medical systems in the world are hybrid.

We don’t have to have a US system to get better outcomes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...