• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nov Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov Canola

Buyers stepped in at the 0.382 Fibonacci retracement from the June low and July high.

This is also an area of previous resistance.

The Daily candlestick chart appears to be forming a parallel channel which I consider a bullish pattern.

Daily Chart

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSX21_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_08_04_2021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	779643

The weekly chart indicates a potential for further downside to the 767ish area of confluence with the 0.618 Fibonacci retracement and previous resistance.

Previous resistance often acts as support.

Weekly Chart

Name:	RSX21_Barchart_Interactive_Chart_08_04_2021 (1).jpg
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	779644

A mixed bag of nuts, however, being aware of setups on multiple timeframes is advantageous.

https://klarenbach.substack.com/

If canola is going to rally further, it may have to go it alone . . . . The U.S. soy complex is struggling.

Soymeal futures now off 20% from May highs. Soybeans and soyoil futures appear off about 10% from June highs. Overall, China buying demand has slowed . . . .

Recent equity market fallout in China and Hong Kong will have an impact on global commodity prices this fall (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
      If canola is going to rally further, it may have to go it alone . . . . The U.S. soy complex is struggling.

Soymeal futures now off 20% from May highs. Soybeans and soyoil futures appear off about 10% from June highs. Overall, China buying demand has slowed . . . .

Recent equity market fallout in China and Hong Kong will have an impact on global commodity prices this fall (IMO).
      I agree.

My previous Soybeans post suggests that as well.

Corn is weak as well.

I can see a further 13-14% drop there as well.

Name:	CoW5iZOi.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	771354

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...