• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi Drive Tires

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Drive Tires

$8000 for Michelin or BFG right now (8 tires installed)
    Approx $4200 for Chinese

I got 250,000km on the Michelin XDS2 drives, but need replacing before winter.

What would you do?
    Last edited by Taiga; Jul 30, 2021, 15:47.

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
    $8000 for Michelin or BFG right now (8 tires installed)
    Approx $4200 for Chinese

I got 250,000km on the Michelin XDS2 drives, but need replacing before winter.

What would you do?
    Put two sets of the chinese on... By the looks of the crop here ...wont be much trucking going on.

Comment

In fairness not semi tires to answer your question but we have had real good luck with Chinese brand tires on both implements and vehicles. I was leary at first but now that I've had a few no way I'm paying double. Just did a baler tire last week for $230, good year one $425. $800 less to do the SUV this spring. Salun and Samson brands we have used. I think lots of the "domestic" brands are made offshore anyhow.

Comment

How do you get 250,000 kms out of set of drive tires? Must not drive any gravel.

Comment

The chinese drive tires is all we have used for years on our semi's. IMO they give good service. A group of us buys in semi load lots so they are cheap.

Comment

Samson are good tires.

Comment

Ironhead is the local Chinese brand so may try them. But if they only last half the mileage then maybe the premium tire is worth it since you pay each time a wheel is handled. Will keep researching.
              Probably 20% gravel 80% highway, half mileage at full 17,000kg on drives and half unloaded. The XDS has good siping and is a pretty good ice tire, for a commercial tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                Ironhead is the local Chinese brand so may try them. But if they only last half the mileage then maybe the premium tire is worth it since you pay each time a wheel is handled. Will keep researching.
                Probably 20% gravel 80% highway, half mileage at full 17,000kg on drives and half unloaded. The XDS has good siping and is a pretty good ice tire, for a commercial tire.
                If you're looking for good traction in winter conditions check the W919 from bridgestone. 16 ply so I run them at 80psi in the winter. Phenomenal winter performance and i get about 200K on the drives and then i run them out backwards on the trailers.

Comment

Going for a 30.5-32 for the combine tomorrow... thinking I'll need a 5gal pail of lube for the sticker shock on that one. I didnt even ask the price.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...