• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Crop estimated at 19.0 MMT

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola yields shrivel
    Ottawa’s optimistic forecast met with shock as those on the ground expect more dire outcome

https://www.producer.com/markets/canola-yields-shrivel/

“I don’t think there’s a 13 million tonne crop out there, let alone 18.”

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Canola yields shrivel
      Ottawa’s optimistic forecast met with shock as those on the ground expect more dire outcome

https://www.producer.com/markets/canola-yields-shrivel/

“I don’t think there’s a 13 million tonne crop out there, let alone 18.”
      If we do not get 'average' normal rainfall, temps,... this Canola crop can easily shrink... the optimists with the high production estimates must be using normal maturity dates and rainfall, and tempatures, none of which are happening or forecast to occur.

This past week has pushed Canola maturity dates to 2 weeks sooner than normal, if we get another 4 hot days, it will push maturity to 3 weeks sooner than normal easy. This negates future rainfall from producing more Canola, and shrinks the 2021 crop daily... vs normal rainfall and heat units. Looks to me that over 50 - 80% of wheat, barley, peas, and Canola have reached maximum yield potential on July 31, 2021... if we have 4 more days over 30c with no rain, which must be the earliest maturity date for the western Canadian grain crop in our western Canadian modern farming history since the second world war.

I can see my peas and wheat significantly change color [ripen] every day; canola coming out of bloom prematurely now...reserve water is gone for the 2021 crop nearly everywhere now.

Cheers! It could be a very early harvest!!!
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 31, 2021, 23:05.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...