• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me what has changed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice the “science lovers” won’t refute or touch the Israeli numbers with a ten foot pole. Just more bs about unvaxxed being mentally ill etc.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Mandatory vax coming in U.S
      Private companies are leading the way. Dead customers are bad for business.
      Not a chance of that happening, US values it’s freedom and mandatory vacations would spark riots bigger than Black Lives Matter.

Comment

Tell that to Home Depot and Walmart.

Comment

Mandatory vax coming in U.S
          Private companies are leading the way. Dead customers are bad for business.
          Oh, aggie, aggie, aggie, many would never have believed that you would support fascism.

Less than 100 years and history appears to be on the verge of repeating itself - with your endorsement, it appears.

“Indeed, it is becoming ever more obvious that it is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer but man himself who is man’s greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes”. (Carl Jung)

The screen at 2:47 is chilling, to say the least, in today's context.
          Last edited by burnt; Aug 3, 2021, 20:46.

Comment

Tell that to Home Depot and Walmart.
            A proportion of people will never get vaccinated so if thats 10% or something, those people will simply quit their jobs so we will see how private companies make out losing their workforce and having to raise wages. Unvaccinated would even include some health care workers and even military and police and emergency services.

There have already been violent push backs in the EU and other countries over vaccine passports.

According the oneoff, the unvaccinated are going to cause societal collapse now.

Comment

They stop protesting when they are in the ICU. Even the hesitant are getting vaccinated when they see their compatriots dying. You really want to drag the stupid fascism arguement? Do you wear a seatbelts when you drive? Do you wear a life jacket when boating? It is more like common sense which you seem to be lacking.
              Last edited by agstar77; Aug 3, 2021, 10:41.

Comment

Dieing, is that like driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  Science progressed because of skepticism. Science progressed because of independent and new thought. Science DID NOT progress by some supposed consensus. Science DID NOT progress because people followed an overwhelming bunch of “expert” sheep. Science DID NOT progress historically when debate was stifled, when differing viewpoints and a different way to do things, to look at things were smothered.

Healthy skepticism I would argue is a bigger sign of intelligence, than simply repeating what one is fed, towing the line that is being sold. That’s called school. Education even. Science is thinking with your own brain.

So think about this. Why is ivermectin shunned, even when it worked wonders in India? Why are stories about vax failures all over the place, being stifled?

Think. On your own. Science is thinking, not accepting mainstream, agenda driven media reports, or experts on one side alone, or avoiding real media reports that slip through on occasion.

Most amusing thing is that you followers think we skeptics are dumb, uneducated. To the point that tweety stated he hopes we get covid, and die out, so that the world can finally become smarter. To be that arrogant is really something else. Sounds like the CBC comments section cheerleading. Those comments are left alone. Hoping others die, is a routine and acceptable comment on that force fed media wonder. I make a single mention of ivermectin and that we should have some reporting on it, and the comment is removed. No idiotic bashing of others, no calling them down. Simply, CBC, would you please do a story on India and it’s success with ivermectin. Banned comment. Why? Why the stifling?

That alone, should give you pause to THINK.
                  Great post, well written, and I agree with all of it.

But, how do you square that with your belief system?

When church and science have intersected throughout history, and even to this day, the church has never been on the side of progress, skepticism or indepedent thought. Consensus and calls to authority have been their modus operandus. The church has been repressing such actions, setting back human progress.

Just curious how you can be so open minded on this one topic.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Great post, well written, and I agree with all of it.

But, how do you square that with your belief system?

When church and science have intersected throughout history, and even to this day, the church has never been on the side of progress, skepticism or indepedent thought. Consensus and calls to authority have been their modus operandus. The church has been repressing such actions, setting back human progress.

Just curious how you can be so open minded on this one topic.
                    Many top scientists have been christians. I guess I would say that my belief system is scientific, sceptical, and questioning. I appreciate the question. Sorry if I ramble on too much.

A tiny example, is when I put the Ram with the ewes. How did the male and female both evolve at precisely the same time? How did all the things that have to line up and happen just right, fall into place by accident? Mammary gland formation, penis no the s bone, the differing alignment for different animals. The pH of semen, pH of vaginal fluids, the factory that is the testicle, the factory that is the ovary. The utter complexity is astounding. Then the lamb is born. The circulatory system reverses upon birth, the first breath occurs as soon as the umbilical cord is severed. The lamb gets up within minutes and seeks out a teat. The instinct is extreme, and it has been there since the beginning. It is passed on generation after generation. If it was not, the “evolution” would have flopped. One thing goes wrong, the species dies out before it started. So how did it happen in tandem at the same time?

And that is but one mammalian animal, think of the birds, the reptiles, the amphibians. The diversity is astounding. Go for a walk in the bush, a white spruce, is quite different from a hazelnut bush. Mind boggling diversity. All reproducing after their kinds.

What about seeds? How did they evolve? A dry seed placed into moist soil comes to life, and reproduces more. All this by accident? I dunno. I question it. I love it. I am amazed by the complexity. Of course, the complexity is far, far, more intense on a molecular level, and hormonal level, and instinctual level. Everything out there screams CREATOR!

I question this diversity all the time. Rather than be confused, I am deliriously joyful. It is simply astounding to me. But boy, if one questions the evolution narrative, you are plain idiotic. Dumb, uneducated, stupid, a Bible thumper. This in spite of “scientific, peer reviewed” articles that are written like an eight year old in evolutionary science papers. Phrases like, “scientists don’t know how instinct came about. Scientists aren’t certain why bees started making honey”. Etc. Etc. The fact is they don’t know, yet proclaim their theory as factual.

Ahh, the honeybee. Don’t get me started there. What a complex miracle the honey bee colony is. And it supposedly just happened in a directionless and accidental manner. Tell that to the dancing bees who tell their colony mates where the best flowers are…

It’s like when guys talk about weed resistance and they claim it is evolution. Well, the truth is, in any given weed population, they started with some resistant weeds. They always were there. No new material was added. They simply become more abundant as they are selected for.

Science is replicatable and can be tested. I guess that’s why there are theories, and then there are actual repeatable facts or scientific laws if you will. Speaking of which, Newton, the Christian discovered the law of gravity.

You also have to be very careful with lumping Bible believing churches, in with non Bible believe ing churches. They are not all the same, on the right track, or open minded scientifically. Some (many) denominations have been a deplorable blight on Christianity, because they failed at following the book they claim to be following. I know that outsiders ie. atheists, are fairly poorly educated in this regard generally.

Lumping an alliance church member who actually believes the Bible, and wants to try as a result of knowing God, to live their life according to His guidance, in with a catholic such as Trudeau, who probably can not recite John 3:16, and lives his life with zero faith based guidance behooves me.

Trouble is, I agree with you on something in the faith system. I believe there are very, very few Bible believe ing christians anymore. Even in my own church, ppl are on the wrong track morally. And that makes me sad. Because it gives us nutty christians a bad name overall. Look at so and so, sleeping with their neighbors wife! How christian of them. There are few upright and godly ppl anymore. I guess that is why the Bible says, narrow is the way, but wide is the path that leads to destruction.

Most christians cave to pressure. They don’t take seriously what Jesus said. Blessed are they who are persecuted in my name. Ppl don’t thrive on persecution, don’t want to be persecuted, so they adjust their moral code to appease the many.

That, my friend, is why outsiders are confused. Because many, probably most actually, “christians” actually aren’t. Justin Trudeau is definitely not. Wow. Sad fact. Finally we are all human. No one except the one man lived a perfect life, and so yes, even dedicated christians are going to mess up. But that was paid for long ago; in spite of our failures, we have a saviour.
                    Last edited by Sheepwheat; Aug 3, 2021, 09:38.

Comment

Sheepwheat, that was outstanding.

Comment

I am saving your posts for reference, thanks.

Comment

Is there a religion forum ? Whatever that rant was about.

Comment

Is there a religion forum ? Whatever that rant was about.
                            Aggie, our dear, hapless aggie, most understand that everything is religion.

it's just known by different names and categories.

People are free to choose what religion they want to subscribe to. And take the benefits and/or consequences.

BTW, I haven't noticed sheepwheat wishing harm or death on anyone in the name of 'progress". That has come entirelyfrom another religion.

Comment

According to you, what does that have to do with anything? I really have no interest in his religion. He has the freedom to believe what he wants.

Comment

We got the message Agstar. Its just like I have no interest in your leftist religion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...