• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
    I talked with one of the line companies about our 5.50 feed barley contract. Anything less than 50lbs per bushel will have steep discounts, they will tell us at harvest how steep they will be. To do a buyout today would cost $1.65 per bushel.
    Isn't 50# setting the bar pretty high?

Comment

The grain companies will eat guys alive. Remember everything is in their control from grade to discounts it’s all a game. They need farmers and work with farmers is bullshit in rough times it’s all out war.

Funny only way to secure delivery in fall you have to have a contract that they create. Fun times hey.

Comment

Which lake are you at?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
          I will be cutting some of my crop for green feed. No choice now. However, I will NOT be waiting for crop insurance to drag their ass on assessing my said crop. I have to preserve what feed quality their may be also. Check strips , ok , but I can't wait forever on the other end.

Next year I am seeding my triticale FIRST!
          Have you had good luck with fall triticale if moisture is favorable for seeding, which usually is better for green feed tonnage over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
            I talked with one of the line companies about our 5.50 feed barley contract. Anything less than 50lbs per bushel will have steep discounts, they will tell us at harvest how steep they will be. To do a buyout today would cost $1.65 per bushel.
            name the pricks
            and if anyone contracts with the xxxxsuckers again they have rocks in their head

Comment

Goodspirit this afternoon more relaxing than fishing.

Theodore dam looks like fun

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                The grain companies will eat guys alive. Remember everything is in their control from grade to discounts it’s all a game. They need farmers and work with farmers is bullshit in rough times it’s all out war.

Funny only way to secure delivery in fall you have to have a contract that they create. Fun times hey.

Thought you ment you where in a boat surrounded by sharks ( grain buyers ) !

Comment

Have a friend that only farms 15 miles from me but crops look really good that direction compared to here. He kept telling me things are looking good considering, today he went and pulled a canola plant, still flowering but of the 32 flowers that are finished only 8 made pods 24 blanks. We will see how it finishes but so far that's only 25% of what it should be or 15 BPA in a 60bpa area.

Comment

Today I canceled all weather services and deleted all weather apps and quit starring at the sky for rain. I’m done with 2021 and it’s time to move on. Rain showers all around last night and not a drop. You have to know when to throw in the towel and take your bat home and call it a day. That day is today.

Oh Niel your fu ked with your prediction as usual. 11 mt or lower as flowers in healthy fields have 24 good out of 60 and rest aborted. Get out of the office and look.

Comment

Correct GDR the nice blooming fields don't mean shit..
                      Ugly surprise for all..

Comment

It’s a fact check it out if you don’t believe me but canola will abort flowers on days over 28 C. A two week stretch at flowering of 34 isn’t good for the crop even if you have water. Won’t make extra grain

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          It’s a fact check it out if you don’t believe me but canola will abort flowers on days over 28 C. A two week stretch at flowering of 34 isn’t good for the crop even if you have water. Won’t make extra grain
                          """""Watcha you talking about Willis"""" are you saying all that government subsidized irrigation with canola on it might get a yield cut as well?????

Who would have thunk it...

sarcasm ......lmao

Comment

Errol came out today with a 15 mt canola crop and said could be lower. More to follow.

Comment

Took a quick trip east of Saskatoon today. Crops are ugly ,most canola fields won’t be worth harvesting .Cereals not much better. A few guys were cutting barley to bale,very skimpy swath.In my forty years of farming I’ve never seen conditions like this. However for the areas that have received rain there will be some fortunes made with these prices which will continue to rise .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...