• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SE Sask storms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For us 2002 was dryer earlier, this year we had a couple good rains in May and June but the high temperatures and wind sucked out any available moisture quickly. Hoping for a bit of moisture to salvage what’s left. Wish some of today’s SE weather had hit us, rain or hail.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      I’m losing my mind and quit watching the radar a hour ago and will find out tomorrow morning, right now sick
      we have no radar to watch

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        I honestly don’t think even in 2002 the canola ran up in early July
        They have taken notice for sure because they know they had a way over exaggerated supply from last year and got caught with their pants at their ankles now
        Looking at the forecast for my area, no change, basically the same for all of western Canada. Where does the price appreciation end and will it hold through harvest?

Comment

Once it turns to wet, could rain all harvest...or snow in Sept.

Comment

FLIP you know that's what's going to happen.

ill predict this next heatwave will break down after the damage is done then it will start raining and be wet and soggy all fall till freeze up.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              FLIP you know that's what's going to happen.

ill predict this next heatwave will break down after the damage is done then it will start raining and be wet and soggy all fall till freeze up.
              You just described our 2016. Almost no rain all spring or summer. I had one field of canola that didn't even germinate till mid July. When it finally started raining in later August, and hailing, it never quit. Standing water, saturated fields, areas of crop dying in August from being underwater. Stuck combines, trucks etc. Very short wet harvest window, finished in the spring.

And in spite of almost no rain again in the spring and summer of 17, it was so wet that there were areas of higher ground that didn't dry enough to be passable until into late July. Especially under the hail then rain then snow flattened crops.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 12, 2021, 06:52.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Once it turns to wet, could rain all harvest...or snow in Sept.
                I wouldn't take that to the bank though.

If we are cycling back to "hot drought" like the 80's, this could just be the start of a multi year dry spell.

I started farming in late 70's, and have seen dry hang on and on.

The worst might not have even started yet, remember fighting grasshoppers and blowing dirt???

Down grading due to insect excrement in some crop types.

Comment

Got some hard rain today, pea to marble size !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...