• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powerful X-Class solar flare for the first time in five years

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerful X-Class solar flare for the first time in five years

NASA spots powerful X-Class solar flare for the first time in five years
    Rob Waugh·Contributor
    Tue, July 6, 2021, 10:47 AM
    The flare blasted out at the weekend (NASA)
    NASA has spotted an X-class solar flare (the most powerful solar flares) on the surface of the sun - the first such flare since 2017.

The flare produced a pulse of X-rays which hit Earth’s atmosphere and blacked out shortwave radio signals over the Atlantic.

The X-Class flare is a sign that the sun is beginning a new cycle of activity - Solar Cycle 25 - which is set to peak in July 2025.

Other signs that the solar cycle is becoming more active include recent coronal loops of plasma spotted on telescopes.

Read more: A 1988 warning about climate change was mostly right

NASA said: "Solar flares are powerful bursts of radiation. Harmful radiation from a flare cannot pass through Earth’s atmosphere to physically affect humans on the ground.

"However – when intense enough – they can disturb the atmosphere in the layer where GPS and communications signals travel.’

X-class flares are the most powerful solar flares: the one this week was ranked X1.5 – X-class denotes the most intense flares, while the number provides more information about its strength.

An X2 is twice as intense as an X1, an X3 is three times as intense, etc.

The most powerful on record was an X28 in November 2003.

NASA’s orbiting Solar Dynamics Observatory spotted the flare over the weekend.

Read more: Why economists worry that reversing climate change is hopeless

The Solar Dynamics Observatory blog wrote: "At 1430 UTC on July 3, 2021, the first X-class flare (actually an X1.5 flare) of Solar Cycle 25 was seen on the Sun.

"There were also several B and C flares, and even one M flare in the day before the X1.5 flare.

"There was no active region associated with the X1.5 flare. A large region of magnetic field that was rotating off the disk is probably the home of the flares.

"Solar Cycle 25 is starting to get more interesting!"

The Solar Cycle 25 Prediction Panel, an international group of experts co-sponsored by NASA and NOAA, announced that solar minimum occurred in December 2019, marking the start of a new solar cycle.

Scientists use sunspots to track solar cycle progress.

The dark blotches on the Sun are associated with solar activity, often as the origins for giant explosions (such as solar flares or coronal mass ejections) which can spew light, energy, and solar material into space.

Lika Guhathakurta, solar scientist at the Heliophysics Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington said in December, ‘As we emerge from solar minimum and approach Cycle 25’s maximum, it is important to remember solar activity never stops; it changes form as the pendulum swings.’

Solar Cycle 25 is anticipated to be as strong as the last solar cycle, which was a below-average cycle, but not without risk."

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/nasa-x-class-solar-flare-164759287.html

No wonder things are heating up!!!

Cheers

How uplifting!!!

Why economists worry that reversing climate change is hopeless: Morning Brief
    Myles Udland
    Myles Udland·Anchor
    22 January 2020

A ‘Green Swan’ is the next economic nightmare

The splashiest talking point at this year's World Economic Forum in Davos is the idea of a “Green Swan.”

The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) — known as the central bank for central banks — said in a paper titled “The Green Swan” that climate-related events could be the source of the next financial crisis. And that these risks pose a particular challenge to economists trying to model economic outcomes.

“Climate change poses unprecedented challenges to human societies, and our community of central banks and supervisors cannot consider itself immune to the risks ahead of us,” said François Villeroy de Galhau, the governor of the Bank of France, in the BIS’ report.

“The increase in the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events could trigger non-linear and irreversible financial losses. In turn, the immediate and system-wide transition required to fight climate change could have far-reaching effects potentially affecting every single agent in the economy and every single asset price.”...

"Deutsche Bank adds that, “The problem for the environmental lobby is that a world without economic growth may create a damaging backlash against such climate policies. Nevertheless, the problem with the status quo is that the irreversible damage to our planet will increase.”

On the one hand, modern civilization is screwed. On the other hand, modern civilization is screwed.

“It remains to be seen what the consequences of this will be, but one thing is sure: [business-as-usual] opens the earth to a greater likelihood of a catastrophic outcome from the fat upper tail of the probability distribution,” the firm writes. “It also increases the likelihood that the costs of dealing with climate change will go up as action is delayed. And finally, it increases the likelihood that the changes in the climate will be irreversible.”

“It is a global problem but no global solution is in sight.”

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-economists-worry-reversing-climate-change-is-hopeless-morning-brief-110537963.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6 Ly9jYS5uZXdzLnlhaG9vLmNvbS9uYXNhLXgtY2xhc3Mtc29sYX ItZmxhcmUtMTY0NzU5Mjg3Lmh0bWw&guce_referrer_sig=AQ AAABzRhBFxEfBccxrUKElhDuk3yfrvnhYhCxRe1dSZi_g112ps MKmY6bK1er-QtpeSk-J-fR6sDlGmBpG8StVWqE2H52gXG5tF1YsfvMOiw4tSUJfy4VBNsH gns1rzBqrUwNd5dJbxDXggufstJa_Zqi_Iq-ncwPpQk1trzB1W81E9

And this was the prognosis BEFORE the Covid 19 pandemic smucked us !!!
    Cheers x 2!!
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 7, 2021, 06:58.

Comment

Yes the solar cycle has picked up dramatically the past 6-8 months
      But it will be blamed of the economy reopening and higher CO2 levels again LOL

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Yes the solar cycle has picked up dramatically the past 6-8 months
        But it will be blamed of the economy reopening and higher CO2 levels again LOL
        So much for debunking "Conspiracy Theories" !!!

No wonder controlling information distributed on the internet is "Required"

Interesting that the Solar Flare event was so unreported by main stream media!

Cheers!!!!
        Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 7, 2021, 07:11.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
          I sure hope you don’t think controlling information is a good thing Tom??

How can a normal thinking person believe we can reverse a natural change in the climate, MAYBE slow it down but otherwise it is inevitable.

Not much different than thinking we can eradicate Covid I guess.
          From a Commodity trading perspective… we are in to uncharted unprecedented volatility… old habits die hard… options are prohibitively expensive…

Being a Normal Person… excludes us from being farmers… being a person of faith from a family and community of farmers who look to the Great King Jesus for purpose and encouragement… helps many farmers work through these wild economic swings and stress filled Enviroment.

There is no logical answer to fall back on… Drought is radically changing how we do business… change is the only constant!

P.S. The Pandemic only adds fuel to the fire of these volatile times!!!

Cheers

Comment

So you’re ok with bill c-10 ???? Am I to read between the lines??
            Interesting conundrum!

King Jesus said to Pilot his judge just before the death crucifixion his sentence was waved then the death sentence reinstated:
            “My kingdom is not of this world, if it was my servants would fight”

As the ‘freedoms and privileges’ that we have grown to expect and demand over the past centuries are dismantled… we have choices to make… to be at peace and build a stronger community peacefully…

This movement towards our future destiny as humanity is so much larger than us as individuals…

Being a part of the solution is a perplexing question that we can root our actions in our instruction manual the Bible… following the council of Jesus Prince of Peace through his word! Much to study!!! No simple answers!!!

Praying for rain… there are an abundance of very sad grain fields in Western Canada and the Northern US.

There are barley fields here that have been cooked literally… It is disheartening to see just how difficult a year it will be…. Without an end to this dry pattern!

Salvage time is about to be directly in front for some farms… another week to 10 days will tell a big story!

God Bless us one and all as we meet these Challenges!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
              Interesting conundrum!

King Jesus said to Pilot his judge just before the death crucifixion his sentence was waved then the death sentence reinstated:
              “My kingdom is not of this world, if it was my servants would fight”

As the ‘freedoms and privileges’ that we have grown to expect and demand over the past centuries are dismantled… we have choices to make… to be at peace and build a stronger community peacefully…

This movement towards our future destiny as humanity is so much larger than us as individuals…

Being a part of the solution is a perplexing question that we can root our actions in our instruction manual the Bible… following the council of Jesus Prince of Peace through his word! Much to study!!! No simple answers!!!

Praying for rain… there are an abundance of very sad grain fields in Western Canada and the Northern US.

There are barley fields here that have been cooked literally… It is disheartening to see just how difficult a year it will be…. Without an end to this dry pattern!

Salvage time is about to be directly in front for some farms… another week to 10 days will tell a big story!

God Bless us one and all as we meet these Challenges!

Cheers
              I thought all was great Tom ? Crops were rooting and life was grand 10 days ago in your area ?
              Too bad you had to bring religion into an interesting thread . You probably just lost 90% of people who may have been interested in the OP you made

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                I thought all was great Tom ? Crops were rooting and life was grand 10 days ago in your area ?
                Too bad you had to bring religion into an interesting thread . You probably just lost 90% of people who may have been interested in the OP you made
                Glad reality sets things more clearly for you.

For those of faith we can be at Peace while we journey through farming in 2021…

Your personal journey is your responsibility, how we deal with the stress of the volitility on our farms in 2021 ) which is greater than the pandemic in 2020 ) is key to how we market our food produce; to feed a hungry world.

Hope you can make it through 2021 with a peaceful finish and successful harvest!

Same for everyone… these are unprecedented times which will mean many of us will need to draw on strength beyond our normal comfort zones!

Cheers

Comment

I used to think Tom was sound of mind, that Covid shot has things messed up.
                  Hope you find the wisdom you are searching for!

King Jesus came to Save the world, not judge us... thus my motivation...

Background:

Signs of the End of the Age

3 As[g] he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him privately and said, “Tell us, when will these things[h] happen? And what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 Jesus answered them,[i] “Watch out[j] that no one misleads you. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’[k] and they will mislead many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Make sure that you are not alarmed, for this must happen, but the end is still to come.[l] 7 For nation will rise up in arms[m] against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and earthquakes[n] in various places.[o] 8 All[p] these things are the beginning of birth pains.[Mathew 24:3-8

Jesus’ Final Public Words

44 But Jesus shouted out,[cq] “The one who believes in me does not believe in me, but in the one who sent me,[cr] 45 and the one who sees me sees the one who sent me.[cs] 46 I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in darkness. 47 If anyone[ct] hears my words and does not obey them,[cu] I do not judge him. For I have not come to judge the world, but to save the world.[cv] 48 The one who rejects me and does not accept[cw] my words has a judge;[cx] the word[cy] I have spoken will judge him at the last day. 49 For I have not spoken from my own authority,[cz] but the Father himself who sent me has commanded me[da] what I should say and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life.[db] Thus the things I say, I say just as the Father has told me.”[dc] John 12: 44-50 [https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+12&version=NKJV;NET]

Comment

I used to think Tom was sound of mind, that Covid shot has things messed up.
                    Jwab,

There is a principal neither you nor I can break;

What we sow, we will reap!

Whether we just get our seed back, 5x, 10x, or 100x, depending where we seed our fields, how we tend them, and the time that we seed these seeds, determines the harvest!

Others may harvest what we have planted, we may in our time harvest many crops that we have seeded, but God is not mocked, the harvest Will happen!

I pray you have a wonderful fruitful harvest… full of blessings and 100x the good seeds you all have Planted!!!

Hopefully rain and sunshine will follow you and yours!

Cheers! Have a wonderful day and 2021 harvest!!!

PS. That is why I am a Seedgrower!!! I pray that I provide good seed to everyone who decides to accept and grow my families seeds, and we hope always everyone will have a wonderful harvest!!!
                    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 11, 2021, 08:17.

Comment

Revelation 13:16-17
                      And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Must be just a coincidence the jab contains luciferace.

Comment

We’ll all survive because we come from surviving stock. Those who made it through the 80’s learned some valuable lessons, mostly we learned that we didn’t want to go through that again. Austerity and Lentils saved our sraccas and life carried on. And out of the blue the skys will open again and the neighbours will be summoned to a big beerfest and barbecue in the garage to watch the rain. That’s the prophecy according to Sumdumguy. Chin Up dear friends and lets hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          We’ll all survive because we come from surviving stock. Those who made it through the 80’s learned some valuable lessons, mostly we learned that we didn’t want to go through that again. Austerity and Lentils saved our sraccas and life carried on. And out of the blue the skys will open again and the neighbours will be summoned to a big beerfest and barbecue in the garage to watch the rain. That’s the prophecy according to Sumdumguy. Chin Up dear friends and lets hang in there.
                          The ‘New Religion’ is “What you believe to be ‘True’ is true for you and you are entitled to that point of view… that is your ‘Right’…

Well,
                          If the airplane pilot of the next flight over the ocean you decide to take… Truly believed that the airplane you are in the air flying in… can become a submarine and make the rest of the trip underwater because there is a storm and turbulence that will make a rough flight…

No one wants the pilot to go underwater…(with the airplane) no matter how much less air turbulence there is down there!!!

There are True absolutes… no matter what you or I may Believe!!!

We must plant the seeds of the crop we hope to harvest… to harvest that grain. So is true in each one of our lives!!!

We all hope for rain and sunshine to grow a bountiful harvest of the crops we are seeding!

Pray for wisdom… in how we need to decide how to market our crops… hindsight is always 20/20!!! We are in some of the most volatile times in history… can you tell the future??? I can’t!!! Risk Management is very important in 2021… but we need to remember… history does repeat itself!

May we have the wisdom to change the things we can, and the clear mind to accept the things we cannot change!

Cheers!
                          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jul 11, 2021, 09:31.

Comment

The message I get from this sermon is why bother, you can’t do anything about it anyways. If everyone takes that approach heaven help us, which I know you believe, so I guess I’ll just let the devine powers do it for me.
                            I’ll just be thankful not everyone “leaves it in gods hands” and actually does something to preserve our rights.
                            Liking your post just doesn't do it justice.
                            Very well said.
                            Fits my philosophy exactly.

Comment

We went on tour of community gardens (350 or more) near university in Regina today. Peas, that were 20 inches tall clinging to a fence and smaller peas are almost all decimated by supposedly fungus. How are field peas doing?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...