• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive cleaver problem in wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive cleaver problem in wheat

I'm not sure if I screwed up or if it is a resistance issue but I have a bad cleavers problem in my flowering wheat. I will look at herbicide options and possibly silage for next year but how to best plan for harvest this year?
    Should I plan to swath or preharvest it and straightcut or look for a stripper header?
    Its heavy low land and is a great looking crop but I know it is going to be a thick mat drug flat by the cleavers at harvest.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
    I'm not sure if I screwed up or if it is a resistance issue but I have a bad cleavers problem in my flowering wheat. I will look at herbicide options and possibly silage for next year but how to best plan for harvest this year?
    Should I plan to swath or preharvest it and straightcut or look for a stripper header?
    Its heavy low land and is a great looking crop but I know it is going to be a thick mat drug flat by the cleavers at harvest.

Any suggestions?
    Did you use a group 2 herbicide?

Comment

That will be a tough one to deal with
      Plan to use faucet or clever next year

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Did you use a group 2 herbicide?
        Used outshine so groups 2 and 4.
        And just realized that was the field where my water trailer was missing a wheel so I sprayed the first tank at 5 gallons instead of 10. So it isn't a resistance issue. Now how to harvest this crap...
        Last edited by Ronski; Jul 5, 2021, 12:50.

Comment

Straight gut cutting may be best
          We had a buckwheat issue one year
          Swathing was a mistake , cleavers May act the same.... would plug up pickup and feed in gobs

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            That will be a tough one to deal with
            Plan to use faucet or clever next year
            facet with aries isn't getting ours

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              facet with aries isn't getting ours
              Ohhh that not good
              Facet should take out any cleaver

Comment

We have been using Rezuvant for cereals.
                Axial, Pixxaro, mcpa.
                Does a great job on cleavers.

Comment

We have been using Paradym and axial Mcpa
                  Very good and easy on barley

Comment

Are you a Libery/Invigor grower? Neighbors that do, are the ones with polluted cleaver fields. Every year visible from the road later flushes clinging to the mature crop. We have no such issues using only RR canola.

Comment

I am getting a major problem with them also. One tough weed. Group 2 is useless but group 4 is getting then. Put facet with all the liberty this year and looks like it got most of them.
                      Pursuit is a bad one! After the first year the residual weakens and the cleaver developers resistance!
                      I can see a future with more Edge or treflan.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        We have been using Rezuvant for cereals.
                        Axial, Pixxaro, mcpa.
                        Does a great job on cleavers.
                        We switched this year to all Rezuvant , just did barley last year . Very good mix 👍

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          I am getting a major problem with them also. One tough weed. Group 2 is useless but group 4 is getting then. Put facet with all the liberty this year and looks like it got most of them.
                          Pursuit is a bad one! After the first year the residual weakens and the cleaver developers resistance!
                          I can see a future with more Edge or treflan.
                          More and more Edge / Treflan going on every year

Comment

I have 1 field bad with them. On a cereal canola rotation so use couple passes glyphosate in crop on canola and either stellar/outshine or infinity fx in cereals. Before infinity fx was infinity and ams. It’s a fight no matter what.

Comment

If it’s a mess this year maybe chop it this year instead of next? Just a crazy thought from a guy with lots of hungry cows…………….😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...