• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heat warning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat warning

What the f do you need a heat warning for! its only 35. Are people seriously this stupid!?

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    What the f do you need a heat warning for! its only 35. Are people seriously this stupid!?
    Climate narrative will be pushed hard. Weather network still has covid warning on their page.

Comment

Hit 40C yesterday in much of the Peace region, should exceed that today. Kids are hiding in the basement today. Sickly hot, dangerous actually. Glad I cut some of the hay, I have never started here before July. No tedding and no preservative needed, saves me money.

Comment

You've just discovered Environment Canada's weather warnings now??

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Climate narrative will be pushed hard. Weather network still has covid warning on their page.
          Did you find that heat you were looking for in the other thread?

Comment

Just got an email from the Canola Council about heat stress on canola and yield. Good thing I'd already had a couple of beers and the fridge is half full. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
              Some info, just because it’s not flowering doesn’t mean it’s not affected.
              This can’t be good with limited soil moisture.

“ Canola is most sensitive to heat stress from a week before flowers open until a week after. The critical temperatures range from 27-30°C “

https://www.albertafarmexpress.ca/news/measuring-heat-stress-on-developing-canola/ https://www.albertafarmexpress.ca/news/measuring-heat-stress-on-developing-canola/
              That pretty much tells us that all canola in western Canada will be affected by this heat wave, wish I had more old crop to sell.

Comment

well , i guess i have a little old crop nexera to sell now from being greedy/stupid lol

Comment

Canola bolting and flowering. Buy your Becel now.

Comment

Yes Robert. There are really dumb people and every stupid person has to be saved because it’s our duty as humans to be kind and passionate to the less fortunate and down trodden. How would society continue without dumb people. 🙄

Comment

Grainvac a bin bottom yesterday afternoon to fill a wheat contract didn't have to wear a toque or mitts

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                        Canola bolting and flowering. Buy your Becel now.
                        lots in full bloom here , crazy , 10 days ahead

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          lots in full bloom here , crazy , 10 days ahead
                          Same here, couple hours drive south of you, bolting prematurely, not even a lot of cabbage leaves, just going into bolt.
                          What will these fields look like after 10 days of the forecast they're predicting? Will be a long way from avg.

Comment

These kind of days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...