• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Canola Acres in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    No way in heck it’s 25 million ac lol

Production will dominate acres as in way below what they think
    let those f u c k heads play their stupid games maybe they will take it to $30 this winter
    that idiot should be ashamed of himself, the news media should hold his feet to the fire and audit his bank account for chinese money

Comment

There’s a dichotomy of canola stands here. Some decent to absolute thin wrecks. Deep seeding never pays. There’ll be pockets of great crops like always but general area is going to suffer and have poor yields. 2002 is the only year in the 115 years my family has been here that a crop wasn’t combined. Though we’ve had enough crappy crops as well. At least our clay holds over most fertilizer that’s not used so following year if decent we get a nice yield bump. Thank god I’m not running near the cattle I used to.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        There’s a dichotomy of canola stands here. Some decent to absolute thin wrecks. Deep seeding never pays. There’ll be pockets of great crops like always but general area is going to suffer and have poor yields. 2002 is the only year in the 115 years my family has been here that a crop wasn’t combined. Though we’ve had enough crappy crops as well. At least our clay holds over most fertilizer that’s not used so following year if decent we get a nice yield bump. Thank god I’m not running near the cattle I used to.
        Much the same here , only time will tell now
        Big yields in canola will be gone before the weekend if not already .
        Only positive, no fungicide, no wheel tracks and no extra time on sprayer

Comment

Grain bin salesmen will be cancelling that bathroom renovation and the equipment dealer owners will be down graded to ordering the Lamborghini instead of the Koenigsegg.

Comment

Lots of the reseeded canola was done hoping we would catch a big rain and all would be forgiven. Its not playing out that way in my area. Some pastures could be done in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
              Markets up limit, remember 02 the canola podded and then proceeded to sweat a nice goop, a lot went for silage around here that year.
              I had a fellow at Maidstone tell me that silaging canola that year made the best feed he had ever made. After that he would get the leftover seed from the neighbours and put 80 acres for silage thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                I had a fellow at Maidstone tell me that silaging canola that year made the best feed he had ever made. After that he would get the leftover seed from the neighbours and put 80 acres for silage thereafter.
                04 frost here a lot got silaged but they said the opposite. Might have had nitrates? Could that be the case in droughted canola too I wonder? I know they got a lot of tonnage at any rate. The crop that year was going to be ha uge.
                Last edited by Sheepwheat; Jun 28, 2021, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                  We silage baled a quarter of canola in '09 that was hailed and regrew. Took it as it was just finishing flowering and it turned out ok. Bit more waste than usual. We didnt have any issues but I guess it often has too high of sulphur levels that can cause blindness in cattle.

Comment

Limit is $45 today very likely $60 tomorrow

We will have very little to sell by the looks of things

Comment

Went for one last canola tour this morning while the plants still ok to see plots and variety trials before they start to go backwards. Will be hard to watch next 5 days so will focus on other things

Comment

No doubt canola yield is going backwards, how far is the question. Started baling my hay yesterday, looks like it will be half of last year. Thankful to get that. Canola certainly looks sick during the heat of the day.

Comment

Wonder how the experts will spin the bumper crop this yr??

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            They are already setting the narrative of more acres to make up the shortfall. Dont fall for it. There is no way Canada will replenish canola stocks this year. it might take us several years to do it now that it appears a bunch of guys are doing back to back canola this yr. They wont try that next yr I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                              They lost their credibility last year because they didn't walk the fields, we'll see if they actually get out of the car this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                                They lost their credibility last year because they didn't walk the fields, we'll see if they actually get out of the car this year.
                                Why worry what these monkeys say or print regarding the current crop in Western Canada. Just look at the long range forecast.

Market analyst own a desk, chair, smartphone, and the most important tool a dart board.

Their advise is market your crop in 20% intervals.

I'm sure most on here are more than capable of doing that on their own.

Why give the "Leaches" a cut?
                                Last edited by foragefarmer; Jun 29, 2021, 09:46.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...