• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola needs help, gumbo crust is pretty thick and tough.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      It’s a voluntary audit
      Ritz ****ed it and it is a waste of time
      We don’t want to count on that wild goose chase.

Comment

Started spraying the bly today.
        Looks good considering the amount of rain we had..

Comment

I see NO weeds? Wow clean! Did fleas eat all volunteers? Seeing that here.

Comment

After taking care of the flea beetles it’s now on to wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

After taking care of the flea beetles it’s now on to wheat.
              Same here

Comment

you guys accept that you have to spray for flea beetles when the cost of canola seed is where it's at?

Is getting the decis or whatever insecticide a good enough repayment without factoring in the cost of spraying?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  Started spraying the bly today.
                  Looks good considering the amount of rain we had..
                  Whats the seed date?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Whats the seed date?
                    May 4th..

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      you guys accept that you have to spray for flea beetles when the cost of canola seed is where it's at?

Is getting the decis or whatever insecticide a good enough repayment without factoring in the cost of spraying?
                      Ours froze 4 times
                      No seed treatment works well at all after frost damage , depending on severity
                      We just did the first stuff seeded the last 1/2 our canola is fine . If growing well the seed treatment works as it’s supposed to if flea beetles are not at very high levels .
                      When the plants get shut down for a few days after below zero beetles can do more damage . Been the same for years .
                      Agree it’s too bad lindane got taken away .
                      The last frost north of here last Sunday really damaged and stalled most canola , within days the beetles were on it bad .
                      The late May frosts are not fun to deal with on many levels .
                      Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 7, 2021, 22:14.

Comment

funny thing is the honey farmers were doing the most complaining, especially in eastern canada
                        now a lot of it gets bug sprayed , is that better than an effective seed treatment ??????
                        and if there is no canola , there is no honey

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          If growing well the seed treatment works as it’s supposed to if flea beetles are not at very high levels . .
                          No signed of beetles here. I thought the winds would be blowing them in but not yet.

Canola is just about to get ahead of them for good anyway.

Comment

Between frost and beetles, my mustard is a WINNER this year. Sprayed matador once and I've quit looking... it'll be what it's going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Well its spray it or it will be 100% loss. I used Pounce on half and Matador on the rest.
                              Beetles can take a field very quickly and you have to scout almost twice a day because things can change very fast!
                              I bought Canola seed from BAFS and it comes with Prosper seed treatment that might protect the seedling for a few days when it first comes up. My Canola was planted around the 20th of May and missed all the frost but by now all that first seed treatment is long gone and has no effect. How they can say that seed treatment is hurting bees is absolute nonsense.
                              We used to get products like Counter 5G and Furadan Granules that you mixed with the seed and planted with your canola and it was very effective and even controlled wire worms and cut worms. The experts took away those products that were put under ground and away from most creatures. Now everyone is spraying insecticide above ground to control the same pest but I think putting way more creatures at risk!

Comment

Seldomseen

Exactly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...