• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longer growing season ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longer growing season ???

When does that start again , after last spring frost ?
    Will have to look that up again .....

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    When does that start again , after last spring frost ?
    Will have to look that up again .....
    Ha. Its always been short growing season in the NW.....

Canola made it thru last nights deep freeze. Tonight I think its gonna wave the white flag....Tractor is plugged in either way....

Comment

Days to maturity is one of most used factors when picking varieties. After all these years still looking for less days to mature. Wheat is still borderline and often end up with a bit of frost damage on my harvest sample. Hopefully this year my wheat is in early and should beat fall frost.
      I sure won’t be booking any corn or soybean seed in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
        Ha. Its always been short growing season in the NW.....

Canola made it thru last nights deep freeze. Tonight I think its gonna wave the white flag....Tractor is plugged in either way....
        Lol same here

Comment

I would imagine Chuck is on a strict corn and soybean rotation. Thing are real nice over in chuckyville!

Comment

Rising temperatures = shorter growing season.

From the same crowd saying correlation does not mean causation and weather does not equal climate

Our paid scientists couldnt reason themselves out of a wet paper bag.

Comment

17 straight hours and counting of below freezing temperatures here.

Likely going to have to reseed mustard. It's the 20th of may FFS, should a guy wait till the 15th of June? *frost* after the 15th of june is unusual here, let alone hours upon hours, or even days, of sub-zero.

I peaced out on tuesday and went drinking when my field was trying to blow away. Now this shit.

This is certainly one of the most phucked up ways I can think of to try and make a living.

Comment

Aye , farming easy they say , can’t loose they say , pay more tax’s they say .
                Ohh and the parts ya need are on back order and ya need to pay double they say.
                Next 5 days critical to the rest of the year, high crop prices may mean absolutely nothing but guaranteed higher inputs .

See what happens come Tuesday, that will be the make or break day for most .
                Hopefully the snow the SE is getting insulates any established crops .

Google Mrs Browns Boys , have a giggle or two . Tough situation in many areas right now , especially for cattleman and cattle women or whatever

Comment

Aye , farming easy they say , can’t loose they say , pay more tax’s they say .
                  Ohh and the parts ya need are on back order and ya need to pay double they say.
                  Next 5 days critical to the rest of the year, high crop prices may mean absolutely nothing but guaranteed higher inputs .

See what happens come Tuesday, that will be the make or break day for most .
                  Hopefully the snow the SE is getting insulates any established crops .

Google Mrs Browns Boys , have a giggle or two . Tough situation in many areas right now , especially for cattleman and cattle women or whatever
                  The vibrator/cell phone is the best one lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    The vibrator/cell phone is the best one lol
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jreqe8rTy3Y

Comment

Growing season ??
                      -2 for an hour already .......

Comment

Growing season ??
                        -2 for an hour already .......
                        Climate change is our most urgent issue. Growing crops not so much.

Imagine how cold its going to be when we suck 30% of the carbon out of the atmosphere to satisfy the climate cult. Ag will be gone from Sask.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Climate change is our most urgent issue. Growing crops not so much.

Imagine how cold its going to be when we suck 30% of the carbon out of the atmosphere to satisfy the climate cult. Ag will be gone from Sask.
                          Or when Bill Gates starts releasing dust into the upper atmosphere to block out the sun if he hasnt already started.
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/bill-gates-funded-study-to-dim-sunlight-may-be-needed-against-horrific-climate-change/ar-BB1eVc8M https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/bill-gates-funded-study-to-dim-sunlight-may-be-needed-against-horrific-climate-change/ar-BB1eVc8M

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jreqe8rTy3Y
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jreqe8rTy3Y[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...