• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold nights in the forecast

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold nights in the forecast

As I am eating breakfast I always look at the weather forecast. A week ago they had a nice rain in the forecast for the middle of the upcoming week. This morning that has changed, some snow mid week accompanied with some cold temperatures forecast for the night, -3 Wednesday, -2 Thursday and -4 for Friday. We were pushing to get the canola in the ground to benefit from the predicted rain. Now I am hoping the first canola we planted on the 12th doesn’t come up too fast.

Quite a few acres of canola went in early around here. We'll see what happens. We started on the 13th. Snow for Wednesday.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	957DA2C7-B44F-40F1-97F8-CE244DB0C04F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	771085
      30 degrees middle may global warming for sure
      Snow on Friday and -2 , well folks that’s just weather
      Hope it’s a wet snow
      Last edited by Guest; May 17, 2021, 07:22.

Comment

Wow you guys were hot there, we are lucky to break 15C here in the Peace all May.

Comment

Going from 30 to possible below zero that quick will be a problem being this dry

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            As I am eating breakfast I always look at the weather forecast. A week ago they had a nice rain in the forecast for the middle of the upcoming week. This morning that has changed, some snow mid week accompanied with some cold temperatures forecast for the night, -3 Wednesday, -2 Thursday and -4 for Friday. We were pushing to get the canola in the ground to benefit from the predicted rain. Now I am hoping the first canola we planted on the 12th doesn’t come up too fast.
            I think many are in same situation Ham
            Same mostly everywhere here
            Most started a bit earlier than normal to try and at least get some into moisture.
            Lots in dry dirt now
            The canola seeding window may have been extremely short between “too early and Too dry”
            May have been only 5 days lol .

Hopefully what is coming up is ok , and yup frustrating when in today’s day in age they can’t predict weather more than 48 hrs out .
            Long term stuff changes sometimes twice a day , completely opposite.

Comment

Wind at 50kph and 30 degrees ...doesn't matter the crop it sucks the moisture out of the tip and then shears it off.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...