• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tam warns that full vaccination does not equal full protection from COVID-19

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
    Again, your parents are not special. They don’t get special privileges before anyone else does especially while we still have hundreds of young people getting infected daily.

You have to give time for the vaccine campaign to finish and it’s effects to show for everyone. I’m not sure why you have such a hard time understanding this.
    They are special to me.
    Double shots are suppose be be the it all.
    They are age 90 and 98.
    Locked up for 14 months and wish they could die already.
    How much longer do you think they have left,??
    If you are not living this special Hell
    Not rite to comment..
    Many hundreds like them across sask and Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      They are special to me.
      Double shots are suppose be be the it all.
      They are age 90 and 98.
      Locked up for 14 months and wish they could die already.
      How much longer do you think they have left,??
      If you are not living this special Hell
      Not rite to comment..
      Many hundreds like them across sask and Canada.

Guess I have "the right" to give an opinion then, because I too have relatives in LTC homes. Sucks for them. Covid sucks for everyone. The "it all" is when the vast majority of the population gets double shots, not just your parents.

Their individual wants do not trump the collective well-being of society as a whole. Younger generation needed to home and follow restrictions so the elderly would be at less risk. Now that the younger generation is being infected its time for them to return the favor.

Comment

So how many months away yet?
        They did their part since Feb.
        Wait till every last human on earth is vaxed twice?
        We will all be dead if old age.
        It's not like mega visitors for them.
        Just family.
        Last edited by Partners; May 13, 2021, 08:14.

Comment

Their individual wants do not trump the collective well-being of society as a whole.
          So how many "individual wants" need to be disregarded, for the "collective well-being of society" before you are actually just disregarding the "collective well-being of society"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
            So how many "individual wants" need to be disregarded, for the "collective well-being of society" before you are actually just disregarding the "collective well-being of society"?
            easy. once the majority (perhaps slightly more if needed, 70% number thrown around lots) is camp A (one shot vaccination + 3 weeks to be effective) as opposed to camp B (those without one shot vaccination + 3 weeks to be effective)

Comment

easy. once the majority (perhaps slightly more if needed, 70% number thrown around lots) is camp A (one shot vaccination + 3 weeks to be effective) as opposed to camp B (those without one shot vaccination + 3 weeks to be effective)
              So what happens if 50% of the population plain doesn't want the vax? This goes on forever?

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                So what happens if 50% of the population plain doesn't want the vax? This goes on forever?
                Hopefullly you build enough herd immunity that you could offset restrictions.

That would be a marathon compared to the sprint situation of a vaccination campaign.

The goal is to eradicate as quickly as possible, not let the disease run unabated until it dies out in ten years or so.

Funny conversation here, on one hand many are trying to make the arguement that the vaccine does not provide adequate protection, yet here the same folks are suggesting now that Partners parents are vaccinated they are fully protected from anything life may throw at them.

Comment

Hopefullly you build enough herd immunity that you could offset restrictions.

That would be a marathon compared to the sprint situation of a vaccination campaign.

The goal is to eradicate as quickly as possible, not let the disease run unabated until it dies out in ten years or so.

Funny conversation here, on one hand many are trying to make the arguement that the vaccine does not provide adequate protection, yet here the same folks are suggesting now that Partners parents are vaccinated they are fully protected from anything life may throw at them.
                  It appears that you're the one who is having comprehension issues.

Perhaps it would be helpful to slow down a bit and re-read what you have been posting.

And did you actually use the word "eradicate"?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    It appears that you're the one who is having comprehension issues.

Perhaps it would be helpful to slow down a bit and re-read what you have been posting.

And did you actually use the word "eradicate"?

My point is that the beginning of this thread is about how the vaccine doesnt provide ample protection, and now it has transpired into the vaccine providing ample protection for the elderly do to whatever they please.

Sorry, thats as simple as I can make my point for you

Comment

Sorry, thats as simple as I can make my point for you
                      I think the point is way lost on you. There is ZERO evidence that residents of LTC are the super spreaders you think they are.

We all know who carried covid in and out of those places. Punishing 90yr olds at this point is a pretty sick thing to do. Your science is pretty shaky. Either the vaccines works or it doesnt, period. Adding lockdowns on top of it has to be the stupidest policy dreamt up yet.

I am guessing you dont know too many of the original pioneers of this land. None of them would want to be locked in a room for their own safety. Thats not in their DNA.
                      Last edited by jazz; May 13, 2021, 13:14.

Comment

oopsie, another one -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Maher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	771075

Oh well, at least he doesn't have to wear a mask cuz - jab-jab DONE! CDC said so.

https://twitter.com/RealTimers/status/1392971829044670469 https://twitter.com/RealTimers/status/1392971829044670469

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                          Lots of reports of vaccinated people testing positive. 8 Yankees out of a small group seems significant.
                          They want to push blame on “less” effective vaccines, I guess Pfizer is be all end all.
                          Just the beginning I bet.
                          None of the Yankees were sick or died
                          . Conveniently left that out?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                            Entire sports teams tested positive a yr ago too and none died. None even got sick

Pretty clear now this virus didn't come from a wet market. Too well adapted to the human genome. Reinfectiond and tons of ailments after ward. Stories of people getting a face melting fungus after getting covid. Spinal ailments. Mental fog early onset diabetes circulation problems

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                              Why is it even news then?
                              Big smoke no fire
                              Fill all that empty space that used to be Trump crap.
                              Stay at home reporters submit daily Covid story.Not worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                                Lots of reports of vaccinated people testing positive. 8 Yankees out of a small group seems significant.
                                They want to push blame on “less” effective vaccines, I guess Pfizer is be all end all.
                                Just the beginning I bet.

Is the vaccine working?

Yes, Cashman said. Without virus testing, he said the team would perhaps never have known that seven of its asymptomatic employees had been infected.

“We are maybe a case study, to some degree, or curiosity for people who don’t know that despite being vaccinated you really are still potentially exposed,” he said. “We can educate people that your exposure is limited significantly, not to getting the virus but how the virus affects you.”

Further proof, he said: The only person who had symptoms, Nevin, no longer had them by Thursday.

“I take a lot of great comfort that that’s the purpose of the vaccine, to protect, and it appears to be doing that, despite still having the ability to spread,” he said, adding later, “It will save you and protect from a lot more than what you think.”

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...