• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cereal grains -where to from here?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viterra has 4 dollar oats for Nov/dec..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Viterra has 4 dollar oats for Nov/dec..
      where??!!

Comment

Wadena.

Comment

Oats is a good price for fall but sure quiet. Hope it stays that way. Like the horse with 50-1 odds you throw a $2 win on.

Comment

Wheat is the worst crop to contract before you grow it, there are too many variables on grade and deductions that they can screw you on. What happens if you contract 1 13.5 and you get a early frost that turns it to feed? Or midge damage or fusarium or to much ergot etc. I don’t think there is any contract out there that will protect the grower.

Comment

Futures only contracts $9.50 here this morning.

Comment

Put options are about a buck a bushel right now, that would guarantee you 7.50

Comment

Today's hot dry wind made me think of farmaholic. Always appreciated his humor and ability to make light of shitty situations.

Comment

I am predicting a rise in chemfallow acres if we dont get a good soaking rain in the next 2 weeks.
                    I have a few acres with edge on last fall so will put lentils on that and the rest will wait for rain. Chemfallow is looking like the lowest loss. The pea/lentil stubble may get a cover crop of rye seeded in late june.
                    Hay/feed/forage/pasture will be very short if this pattern hold till end of may or well into june!!!
                    Glad I didnt sell any new crop and have a bit of old to move yet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...