• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma canola crop frozen

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart farmers know what a 15 bus or less crop is of canola with no rain if you're lucky.

Smart farmers know 60 BPA isn't achieved every single year.

Smart farmers know the yields of the past were exaggerated.

Smart farmers relax and watch the show.

Comment

Smart farmers know what a 15 bus or less crop is of canola with no rain if you're lucky. been there done that with 8 dollar canola

Smart farmers know 60 BPA isn't achieved every single year. I think guys exaggerate the yields to build crop insurance yields ...that data goes to statscan as well

Smart farmers know the yields of the past were exaggerated. BY statscan for the benefit of lower prices paid by graincos

Smart farmers relax and watch the show. I don't grow canola..haven't for years but this 15 buck new crop has me thinking about it because I am not as bright as a 2 watt lightbulb.

The good news is guys have quit talking about growing flax and chasing that market...who wants to be combining late when you can capture 15 dollar canola direct off the combine in September...

Dont know why flax bids for new crop are not moving up.
      Last edited by bucket; Apr 22, 2021, 06:16.

Comment

Do you think there is any flax left in the bins?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Do you think there is any flax left in the bins?
          Just seed ....I was shovelling flax the other day....and singing in the bin "another 20 bucks....and another 20 bucks" to the tune of another one bites the dust...

The wife thought I was crazy until she figured it out ...then a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Just seed ....I was shovelling flax the other day....and singing in the bin "another 20 bucks....and another 20 bucks" to the tune of another one bites the dust...

The wife thought I was crazy until she figured it out ...then a smile.
            Similar experience, but I let the wife shovel!

No I don't. There's a vac for that. It should be half the way to wherever its destination was, and we were promptly paid after the 5% part of the contract was called in the middle of April.

I'm afraid the tonnes and tonnes still remaining will have to stay in the bins as the flax dogs won't hunt again until next crop year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...