• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts availability, substitutes, and workarounds...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to make sure I had an aneurism, I had to wrap my head around the engineering maddness involved , the fan is ran off the end of the crankshaft, that's great.but the casting above is where a fan would be in say a truck or combine installation.
    The idler is inside the casting rather than outside where a fan would be mounted. I am sure the bearing is in other applications the fan bearing . The belt only runs over the top 3 inches , and they used the huge fan bearing for
    This? There are two other simple
    Idlers on it , but the tensioner assembly idler would require the fan and fan clutch removal. To change it.
    Good thing labor at a dealer is cheap huh.

Comment

I had a similar problem on my 6400 chore tractor with bearing gone in the tensioner.
      I had an extra idler that I was able to make fit on the tensioner.
      Tensioners on mine are a consumable only lasting about 2500 hrs. When the belt sheds it's because the tensioner is no longer running square.
      Not my favorite job but have done it more than a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        2x8 pressure treated lumber...

Lead time is november.

Fml. Trying to build a house, I guess pwf foundation is out. What are peoples opinions on ICF basements?
        If done right they are great. R30 insulation value typically. Concrete supposedly cures harder and stronger. No interior framing required on the interior to hang drywall. Can be done yourself. Downside: blowouts can happen, careful not to over vibrate. Attaching the blue skin on the exterior never seems to stick well to the Styrofoam even with the roll on primer.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          If done right they are great. R30 insulation value typically. Concrete supposedly cures harder and stronger. No interior framing required on the interior to hang drywall. Can be done yourself. Downside: blowouts can happen, careful not to over vibrate. Attaching the blue skin on the exterior never seems to stick well to the Styrofoam even with the roll on primer.
          For electrical, do you just cut notches for cable runs and boxes?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...