• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Canada????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Canada????

The bailout for their passenger drought is to be announced later today..wow....

Multi billion relief package.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    The bailout for their passenger drought is to be announced later today..wow....

Multi billion relief package.
    Doesn't mean its actually "cash" - Probably a lot of loan guarantees or renewal of "previous" "previous" "previously" renewed loan guarantees

Damn, I have some $18 shares, always wanted to buy more when they were bouncing around $14 but I would have had to sell my 4 Denali's and Florida home

Comment

Its a passenger drought from no fault of their own.....no different than a weather drought farmers are expected to pick up the costs within their own farming operation...

I think there is something very wrong with this considering farmers are completely ignored when shit hits the fan like leaving a crop out in 2019.

If it was good enough to tell farmers to suck it up the crop is still there ...well then its good enough to say the airline will have passengers again eventually..

phucking bullshit that no farm group can ask why agriculture is ignored while every other business has the government load up on half a trillion in debt.

Comment

Richard thanks for the vote of confidence. The Denali Yukon is picked up tomorrow. Florida Ill still keep it you need someplace to head to when this country falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Richard thanks for the vote of confidence. The Denali Yukon is picked up tomorrow. Florida Ill still keep it you need someplace to head to when this country falls apart.
          I really don't understand the reply other than you like to complain a lot and then tell us about what you just bought.

Why would anyone care if the country falls apart? "The system" allows you to borrow or lease stupidly on anything and everything. If you can't make a go you claim bankruptcy with the stuffed secret safety deposit box. Why should the government be any different than the common consumer or "super" farms that have 10 million to 100+ million in debt and losing millions operating annually.

Our current prime minister is definitely unsuitable however the alternative is no better. All parties have nothing to offer other than bitching when not in power and lack or control and management when in power. Until a government is bold enough to levy huge FINES and clawing back all gov't matched pension/frills when you are caught doing something wrong, I have no respect for any government. They continue to get away with wrong doing and its always "leave with pay"

Those that manage money and business will always be fine imo

Comment

"
            Those that manage money and business will always be fine imo"

Until we're labeled bourgeois.

Comment

At a press conference in Ottawa, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said compensation for Air Canada executives will be capped at $1 million for the entirety of the loan period and that share buybacks and the payment of dividends won't be allowed during that time.

Awe shucks.... thats a tough life to get government money to manage an airline.

5.8 billion to help air canada and their recovery will be swift as soon as things return to normal..

I haven't been on an airline for 15 years but my taxes get to help pay for airline tickets....so sweet.

Comment

I have been reading about the bail out for Air Canada...interesting factoid ...not a single word about any environmental commitments to make the airline industry more environmental friendly for this package.

Makes me go hmmmmmm?????????????????

Comment

Richard, who said I borrowed to buy it.

Come on man wake up buddy.

Now let's look at the topic.

18 a share is now 27 today and will go higher once Trudeau gives them cash or loans etc.

Marketing other than farming.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    "
                    Those that manage money and business will always be fine imo"

Until we're labeled bourgeois.
                    Or kulaks.

Comment

Doesnt canada have 2 airlines?

Just typical. The one based in Calgary has to fend for itself.

Comment

Now it becomes clearer. Now we know why the bloc joined the vote to shut down the military sexual harassment investigation.

God Canada is fing disgusting. Propping up that corrupt loser company for decades while real profitable companies here get squeezed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ab.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	770946
                        Last edited by jazz; Apr 13, 2021, 13:15.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...