• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a fee prior to 2013 on Agristability

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does the US use adhoc payments or direct payments or acreage payments?.....because its easier.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Crop insurance , agristability didn't do SFA for farmers in 2019 when the crop was left out...And if you think agriinvest will help maybe you don't understand it would take 50 years to build a nested to cover a years expenses...
      Anyone with decent crop insurance would find it hard to trigger agstabilty IMO. Ag invest has been good when they match but there is no value in leaving the money in a account as most banks pay almost no interest. Personally we are looking at the companies selling "margin" type insurance. For us its expensive but hope and expect like crop insurance was that once these companies builds some experience years that it should be cheaper. I am thinking that there is a lot of uncertainty priced into the contracts. It should be priced like hail insurance in the long term where high hail areas pay more than low hail areas. With margin type insurance I am looking for coverage of a real wreck year. The guys who seem to claim crop insurance most years don't have a lot of coverage and I expect that if a guy triggered a payout of margin type insurance many times that it would be very expensive. I am hopeful that this insurance becomes more viable.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
        Anyone with decent crop insurance would find it hard to trigger agstabilty IMO. Ag invest has been good when they match but there is no value in leaving the money in a account as most banks pay almost no interest. Personally we are looking at the companies selling "margin" type insurance. For us its expensive but hope and expect like crop insurance was that once these companies builds some experience years that it should be cheaper. I am thinking that there is a lot of uncertainty priced into the contracts. It should be priced like hail insurance in the long term where high hail areas pay more than low hail areas. With margin type insurance I am looking for coverage of a real wreck year. The guys who seem to claim crop insurance most years don't have a lot of coverage and I expect that if a guy triggered a payout of margin type insurance many times that it would be very expensive. I am hopeful that this insurance becomes more viable.
        Let me repeat myself....The US has handed close to $$$$$ 100 billion canadian to farmer in the states in the last 5 years...

Why everyone is so giddy with private insurance premiums and the like is beyond me....your farm is competing against the US treasury handing out direct payments to farmers ...

No carbon tax in the states....carbon offset program for the farmer coming ....

Canadian farmers are at such a disadvantage ....hit a bad year past the age of 55 and what are your options????

Use up what little saving there are and hope or RBA the machinery and take the cheque for the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Let me repeat myself....The US has handed close to $$$$$ 100 billion canadian to farmer in the states in the last 5 years...

Why everyone is so giddy with private insurance premiums and the like is beyond me....your farm is competing against the US treasury handing out direct payments to farmers ...

No carbon tax in the states....carbon offset program for the farmer coming ....

Canadian farmers are at such a disadvantage ....hit a bad year past the age of 55 and what are your options????

Use up what little saving there are and hope or RBA the machinery and take the cheque for the rest?
          I agree with everything you are saying without question, but every time I turn around I have neighbor's paying more and more for cash rent and are bidding land up all the time. What gives then? I can see the 1980's repeating itself but do we say these guys going all out are all fools? I wont go that far and wish them well but I look at what has going out of the machinery lots this spring is incredible. I admit I am pretty cautious cause I have seen it before.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...