• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak

I hear that people are buying used campers sight unseen so maybe they will fill the freezer up with beef the same way . Jump in beef demand maybe by mid summer? Maybe a few more dollars for us joe 6 pack guys? Hog price moving up ,protein on the move ? Veggie burgers burn to easy on BBQ ? Gotta know pens full, need snow for creek to flow and grass to grow!!!

I really hope you get your turn. Cows are needed in every area. Meat is the best and yes the shit veggie burgers burn.

Comment

Beef should be pulled up a bit because all its competition at the supermarket has already moved up. Usual summer price increase on bbq burgers and steaks isn't far away but doubt very many consumers are stocking up. The days of filling your freezer seems to be gone. infact I bet half the population or more doesn't have a freezer beyond their fridge and that one is full of fries and chicken fingers.

For the record we got 2 larger freezers and a third on standby when we need it for a family of 4, so we are well stocked...until a power outage.

Comment

We’re going to spend 875,000 on a name change...all is good (sarcasm).

Comment

Yeah from what we see, most city dwellers are hand to mouth buyers. Daily shoppers basically. Very few have freezers beyond the fridge top. We have 7 freezers, as we carry a lot of lamb inventory. An elk and a moose, a hog, turkeys, chickens, etc., all add to the space crunch. Then there is the freezer of unmentionables, coyote pelts, dead things, beaver castor, beaver tails. Second day in a row of above zero so I should probably plug the outside ones in soon. Was a whopping plus six yesterday.

Comment

Beef retail price is plenty high. Not the problem.

Cattle market rarely works.

Especially when they can take advantage of a market disruption.

They have experienced how to make the most advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Yeah from what we see, most city dwellers are hand to mouth buyers. Daily shoppers basically. Very few have freezers beyond the fridge top. We have 7 freezers, as we carry a lot of lamb inventory. An elk and a moose, a hog, turkeys, chickens, etc., all add to the space crunch. Then there is the freezer of unmentionables, coyote pelts, dead things, beaver castor, beaver tails. Second day in a row of above zero so I should probably plug the outside ones in soon. Was a whopping plus six yesterday.
              What do you do with the beaver tails?

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                What do you do with the beaver tails?
                Rm pays a per tail bounty. I just collect them and take em in when I’m done with spring trapping.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...