• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's so dry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way less snow than previous few years but not critical by any means yet. Fear grass and hay will be a letdown here like 6/10 years. Think I’ll start seeding wheat as soon as I can get going. More wheat less of the others. At least you can get something with wheat. Could be a real kick in the nuts year. High inputs, falling commodity prices, and low yields. No fear of us overproducing canola. I’ll say it again, we are far from critical here but unless we have a substantial moisture event in the next 3 weeks our grass is pooched, and crops will need just in time moisture soon after seeding to bring it on. You guys in the dry areas is critical though. This year is stacking up to be an epic disaster.

Comment

Frog strangler rains happening in Australia. Queensland and NSW specifically, very similar to 2012 with the drought in US Midwest. The cycles are shifting and as another area gets drought relief, another dries out. Rule of thumb is within a year expect drought once Australia gets the rain. Maybe Mallee can chime in? Think i saw 400mm predicted in some locations.

Comment

In SE Sask, we've had our share of 200-300 rains over the last 10 years, finally drying out now. Great to have that land back for this year.
        Glad someone else is taking a turn, for a change.

Comment

I see some Australian rain fall records go back to 1988 ...... some way farther.
          The 1988 one caught my attention

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            I see some Australian rain fall records go back to 1988 ...... some way farther.
            The 1988 one caught my attention
            I think I'll lay in a bunch of cutterbar parts and increase the ingestion insurance....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...