• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O'Toole declares 'the debate is over' on climate change, but his party's grassroots d

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    As a male do you feel you can speak for women?
    This is certainly a valid question. Personally I am pro life but as a man I don’t have the right to tell a woman what to do with her body, all I can do is support infrastructure that would support a woman should she decide to carry the baby to term. I do agree that social conservatives do hurt the Conservatives electorally but having said that there are certain policy planks that appeal to Canadians east of the Manitoba border that are harmful to the prairies, no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Except the "baby" is NOT her body. It can have a different blood type. Good you used that term to admit potential human. When has it been "okay" to kill a baby? The choice WAS whether to reproduce.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        As a male do you feel you can speak for women?
        Actually, yes. I will speak out for anyone, to stop babies from being literally ripped out of the woman’s womb in pieces, little by little, and killed, which IS what happens to “the woman’s body”, during an abortion.

It would be the same as a woman speaking out against me if I were to willfully kill a human life. I would be wrong. Besides, there are plenty of women who speak on this issue, and many would side with not killing the baby. I would argue anyone in their right mind would ban abortion outright if they watched one occur.

Finally, Canada has fewer restrictions on abortion laws, than pretty much any nation on earth. Even woke European countries restrict it.

One is either pro life. Or pro death. Uncomfortable sure, but it is the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. Especially in a world that shuns truth and shuns the idea of wrong and right.

Comment

Only North Korea and Canada have NO LAWS on abortion, legal till last moments of child birth. Look at your kids/grandkids and imagine it.

Okay, more to wake people, watch UNPLANNED... thanks sheep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLWpKbC3ww&list=PLOUvCePi8pkqQiFoCecxfmDr gQeVyIC7Z https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLWpKbC3ww&list=PLOUvCePi8pkqQiFoCecxfmDr gQeVyIC7Z

Or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnpHHJTRgpQ&list=PLOUvCePi8pkqQiFoCecxfmDr gQeVyIC7Z&index=3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnpHHJTRgpQ&list=PLOUvCePi8pkqQiFoCecxfmDr gQeVyIC7Z&index=3
          Last edited by fjlip; Mar 21, 2021, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Conservatives had every chance of winning last election if not for Scheer’s baggage - American citizenship, kids schooling paid out of election fund, just too much garbage did him in. And sister in law working in constituency office. Rona or Pierre could win, no problem.
            And phoney insurance salesman

You really think he could win? 1-2-3-4 in 10 days.

Comment

Funny (or sad), how abortion is still losing elections.
              I never said third trimester.
              Last resort birth control.
              Adoption usually better of course.
              Of course life is sacred but it isn't always pretty and it's not meant to be fair.
              May our children never experience the level of desperation that drives some to extreme acts.
              Beats a coat hanger or pitched on a manure pile. Which I'm sure still happens in some places.
              My sister chose to have one at 15 without telling anyone at the time.
              Successful life and family now.

Comment

Can't imagine what type of conversations O'Toole has to have with the Social Conservatives within his party.

Look at the posts from just a couple of them on a farmer chat line.

I'm all for adoption as a resort for an unwanted pregnancy. But, it's the women's individual right to choose, not some old man sitting on the couch making that decision for her.

I know this is a sour point amongst some Social Conservatives, so would any of the Social Conservatives of Agriville care to comment on what their views are of a Legally married Canadian Gay couple adopting an unwanted child as an alternative to women having an abortion?

Comment

Now ya dun it.

Comment

Erin lost me with his convention speech. I don't know who is advising him but he clearly believes the crap CTV/CBC spout. Conservatives win when we have an unashamed conservative for our leader. When we try to be stern Liberals we lose every time. Right now we're doomed to at least 4 more years of Skippy. We might as well have the election tomorrow and get started serving our sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                      As a pro death person, do you feel your needs as a voter are currently being met?
                      No. Too many stupid people left kicking around and Covid was a disappointment in terms of elimination rates. I hope the next one does better, 50% at least. And not be so selfishly directed toward old and immune-compromised people. Healthy, confident, young people should have a chance at death as well. It's acceptable during times of war, so why can't young people die all the time? Sounds like discrimination to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        You dont have to believe in a thing to articulate a policy for it. The motion should have been about crafting the policy, not whether you believe in the cause or not.
                        This. 100%. Conservatives lost the entire PR battle for the next election because of it. And majority of them are too dumb to realize it. Just told everyone else in the country that the Conservatives haven't changed one iota in their policy vision.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                          This. 100%. Conservatives lost the entire PR battle for the next election because of it. And majority of them are too dumb to realize it. Just told everyone else in the country that the Conservatives haven't changed one iota in their policy vision.
                          Has it occurred to anybody the delegate from Quebec who put up the motion was a Liberal and got the result he intended? Every news article focuses on this topic, nothing else about the convention.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Has it occurred to anybody the delegate from Quebec who put up the motion was a Liberal and got the result he intended? Every news article focuses on this topic, nothing else about the convention.
                            To be sure , had the conservatives adopted that motion, it would not have made the news.

I guess at this point any news about the conservatives helps.

I think O'Toole has some tough sledding ahead of him...if he wants to be Prime Minister.

Comment

It was done and should have been pulled from the Agenda. MSM is loving this they have ammo to help Trudeau. Guys like Chuck are all over this.

Comment

O’Toole ain’t gonna do anything. He is already finding excuses for being a dud. They should have been ready for the climate change scenario and had a positive spin ready for retort. Where are the brains in this party?
                                Last edited by sumdumguy; Mar 22, 2021, 08:08.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...