• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing stupid???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's long past the time for EVERYONE to acknowledge that Covid 19 is not a hoax and is a deadly pandemic.

For those who claim otherwise there is a challenge to show any instance of a Nursing home/ long term care/Old Folks home where a COVID outbreak was easily handled by basically letting things run their course? Is there some strange pleasure associated with consoling the families of the deceased? Maybe early inheritances; freeing up land bases; just desserts; morbid reactions ...just wondering

Failure to report a single example of only minimal consequences from Covid outbreaks in above "institutions" will result in the continuous reposting of this particular challenge (ad infinitum and without further elaboration) in response to continued repetitious disinformation; for as long as agriville moderators allow.

Tell those tales to the nurses who are obliged to treat people who aren't worth risking other's lives.

Comment

You can skip your vaccine, if
      You like . But really any heathcare you receive, should be on your dime , smokers like myself have pretty well pre paid for a wing on the Hospital. Then do not live to be 97 and bleed the health care for
      30 extra years.

Another thing , how many seniors homes have been protected by the actions taken.
      You folks that figure give the virus free reign , numbers are as low as they are because of the precautions most of the population have taken.
      Lots of care homes around here never saw a case, those that did saw 6 or 8 deaths . Think of all those it never entered.
      Plus all the 60 year olds that were not ready to check out quite yet. Does it really kill you to wear a mask , or get vaccinated.

Comment

Brave in this age to even admit you smoke lol. I've been fighting the addiction my whole life. Well the thread title is "you can't fix stupid"

Comment

I haven't read the entire thread, since it appears to have degenerated into a name calling match by both sides. So I may be wrong in this case.

But if Oneoff's past posts on technical matters are any indication, I suspect that the rest of us are probably way out of our league to try to outsmart him on this issue.

Might be worth listening to what he has to say, and verify the evidence he supports it with, rather than just immediately resorting to insults.

From what I remember, he seems to have been on the "right" side of most other issues, so I was surprised to discover that he is now labelled as the exact opposite for presenting rational science.

Perhaps we should leave the labels and insults and name calling and science denying to Chuck, and not lower ourselves collectively to his level. And that applies to both sides.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I haven't read the entire thread, since it appears to have degenerated into a name calling match by both sides. So I may be wrong in this case.

But if Oneoff's past posts on technical matters are any indication, I suspect that the rest of us are probably way out of our league to try to outsmart him on this issue.

Might be worth listening to what he has to say, and verify the evidence he supports it with, rather than just immediately resorting to insults.

From what I remember, he seems to have been on the "right" side of most other issues, so I was surprised to discover that he is now labelled as the exact opposite for presenting rational science.

Perhaps we should leave the labels and insults and name calling and science denying to Chuck, and not lower ourselves collectively to his level. And that applies to both sides.
              Or, just read the thread and see for yourself.

I have always respected oneoff because of his rational approach. And he is one of the last that I would have thought would resort to gaslighting to support his cause.

Unfortunately, the Wu Flu issue has brought out differences and shattered many perceptions that were held for a lifetime. And wrecked relationships, because of its attack on the fundamental elements that define human dignity and worth.

Comment

I do apologize for any insults taken as having been cast. As a wise sister once said "You might have a point." All I'd ask is that intelligent conversations should be the norm. That's as far as I can go.
                Last edited by oneoff; Mar 22, 2021, 06:16.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                  I do apologize for any insults taken as having been cast. As a wise sister once said "You might have a point." All I'd ask is that intelligent conversations should be the norm. That's as far as I can go.
                  Respectively oneoff, when you have to try to evoke Trump to make an argument, link it to science deniers and then try to shame everyone else for what is a personal choice, your so called rationality was out the window before you started typing this thread.

Nobody is anti vax on this forum if thats what your original thinking was when you started this. My family has had all shots and my wife and I both had both had recent boosters, flu shots plus a round of travel shots. None of that removes my right to wait until more data has come through or more time to judge the effectiveness of the latest research.

I dont just follow what govts tell me blindly, otherwise we would still be back at 2 weeks to flatten the curve and masks are racist. The goal posts on this have moved every single day on this barely qualified pandemic. I want to see if they start moving back. I want to see a country that is more than 50% vaccinated declare life back to normal. I am watching the UK, some of europe and the US for that.

Comment

In order to rationally debate an issue there must be some agreed upon ground rules.

What sense is there to waste time and effort and risk damaged mental health if there can be no agreement on even the definition of a worldwide pandemic.

And are the British and Californian and South African variants and all yet to be found or not yet mutated versions of no concern. Why not everyone do everything they can (without argument) to get this terrible disease under control as soon as possible.

I don't care who the democratic leaders are (and not with a capital D). Some wouldn't support masking because it was apparently acquising to some other person's rules; or unmanly connotations or whatever...but Geez put it into context. Especially when simple measures ares shown to have positive disease suppression effects; please just do it.

Until this is over the world will never be the same. In fact as you probably suspect; attitudes have hardened and changed; perhaps permanently; because there are a whole lot of people involved who are outside the extreme points of view.

Comment

Are we getting too much information?

Take a normal flu season, they make vaccines based on what they are seeing elsewhere in the world (usually southern hemisphere) and often they nail it, but sometimes the flu virus mutates and the flu vaccine given has no effect. So virus mutations are normal and can mutate to less dangerous forms as well.

If the last decade of news had daily reports of daily flu virus new cases and hospitalization numbers it would help as a comparison to todays coronovirus numbers.

Seems there are 2 kinds of farmers. Those who do preventive maintenance as insurance for what might happen and those who only fix on failure. I am seeing the same division in people on the coronovirus. Those who want to be extra careful so things don’t become a problem and those who don’t want to do anything until the system breaks. Both views of farm repairs and covid19 are actually correct, but have drastically different risk tolerances or prevention costs.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                          Take a normal flu season, they make vaccines based on what they are seeing elsewhere in the world (usually southern hemisphere) and often they nail it, but sometimes the flu virus mutates and the flu vaccine given has no effect. So virus mutations are normal and can mutate to less dangerous forms as well.

If the last decade of news had daily reports of daily flu virus new cases and hospitalization numbers it would help as a comparison to todays coronovirus numbers.

Seems there are 2 kinds of farmers. Those who do preventive maintenance as insurance for what might happen and those who only fix on failure. I am seeing the same division in people on the coronovirus. Those who want to be extra careful so things don’t become a problem and those who don’t want to do anything until the system breaks. Both views of farm repairs and covid19 are actually correct, but have drastically different risk tolerances or prevention costs.
                          President Harris/Biden are those who want to BRAKE the System.... and leave Republican States like Texas to pay for the mess they are creating... Harris is laughing at Texas and the Human DISASTER Biden and Harris have created with illegal youth swarming the US border. Children drowning in the Reo Grand... they are just shipping youngsters out...some towards Canada...Enough to make one cry...

God have mercy on us...

Comment

Oneoff you have done a great job of trying to explain why its important to get vaccinated and to take covid seriously. But there is only so much you can do with some people who refuse to listen to scientific evidence. Many people make emotional decisions and unless they know someone personally who has died, they don't take it seriously.

The reality is the numbers of outright covid deniers and antivaxers are small.

Wearing a mask, getting a vaccine and following reasonable rules to avoid infecting others is obviously too difficult for some. Yeah it makes no sense since farmers have been some of the least impacted people. But that is what we are dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                              President Harris/Biden are those who want to BRAKE the System.... and leave Republican States like Texas to pay for the mess they are creating... Harris is laughing at Texas and the Human DISASTER Biden and Harris have created with illegal youth swarming the US border. Children drowning in the Reo Grand... they are just shipping youngsters out...some towards Canada...Enough to make one cry...

God have mercy on us...
                              What no one coming in on the north border? oh yeh, no welcome mat. can you imagine sending your 5 year old daughter out to cross the Rio Grand alone?

Comment

Geez, I thought the vaccine ends this pandemic. Uk is 50% vaccinated as of today.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/uk-holiday-fine-covid-19/index.html New UK law means $7,000 fines for vacations abroad

Man they are going all out on covid treatments; vaccines, sprays and now even pills. Too bad they never put this kind of effort into cancer.

https://www.businessinsider.com/oravax-tablet-covid-19-vaccine-plans-trials-soon-no-needles-2021-3
                                Last edited by jazz; Mar 23, 2021, 13:05.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...